Thirteen

Take a look at these awesome covers! Thanks so much to @haIey, who made these for me. Love you!

 Love you!

Note: I changed the last part of the last chapter slightly, so you might want to check back on that

How do I make it last?

D A I S Y

He arrived quickly, and I shivered as he approached. 'Thanks for coming,' I said as he neared.

'No problem,' Alec said, shrugging. 'I couldn't just leave you out here.'

'Thanks,' I said. 'Really.'

That was pretty much it for conversation. I didn't really know Alec all that well, and I anticipated a awkward car drive back. Did Shadowhunters even have cars, or did they just run everywhere?

I shivered. This was the worst idea ever.

****

As it turned out, Alec just called a taxi. In all honesty, I didn't really see the point in him coming to collect me, but it was a nice gesture.

Now, we were back at my apartment, and I -for some unknown reason- had decided to start to drink coffee.

Let me tell you a fact about me and coffee. It's pretty much my alcohol or drugs. For some reason, coffee just doesn't work with me and one cup is basically the equivalent of someone else's three shots of vodka.

Looking back, I feel very sorry for Alec. He just had the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and trying to do a nice thing.

After my first cup, I think he thought somebody had spiked Magnus' coffee machine.

'Daisy,' he said awkwardly. 'Are you feeling alright?'