Chapter 17 Baseball

Reyna

~~~

"Here dad have another," Bella offers and puts a second can of beer in front of him. He's cleaning his rifles on the kitchen table.

"Thanks Bella," he says.

"I have a date with Edward Cullen," she suddenly blurts out. Charlie makes a face like he's having an aneurysm at her confession.

Edward is waiting outside and insists on hello to our father. Chivalry definitely isn't dead to him.

"Isn't he a little old for you?" Charlie mutters making me snort. Hell yes he is.

"No. He's a junior and I'm a junior," Bella lies and sends a pointed look at me. I promptly swallow my laughter. "I thought you liked the Cullens."

"And I thought you said you didn't like any of the boys in this town," Charlie grumbles. I can tell he doesn't like the idea of Edward dating Bella.

"Edward doesn't live in town technically," Bells counters. "And it's in the early stage and-whatever. He's waiting outside."

"He's out there?" Charlie questions with a raised eyebrow.

"He wants to meet you. Officially," Bella replies.

"Good." Charlie cocks the rifle and puts a scowl on his face. I can tell he's faking being threatening.

"Be nice, okay? He's... important," Bella says pleadingly. Charlie gives her a reassuring nod so Bella turns to get Edward.

"So what are you a three wheel?" Charlie asks me.

"No I have a date with Edwards sisters," I state nonchalantly. Charlie chokes on air just as Edward and Bella return. Edwards in a parka and gloves.

"Chief Swan. I wanted to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward," Edward very politely says and holds out a hand.
Charlie grunts in hello and firmly shakes Edwards hand. "I won't keep Bella out late tonight. We're just going to go play baseball with my family."

"Bella's going to play baseball?" Charlie laughs and I give a small chuckle. Bella hates all sports but she loves Edward.

"Yes, sir, that's the plan," Edward responds crisply.

"Well. More power to you, I guess," Charlie mutters.

"She'll be safe with me, sir, I promise," Edward vows whole staring our dad straight in the face. They give each other stern nods and Edward goes to leave. Bella and I follow after only for dad to grab our arms and hold us back a moment.

"You got that pepper spray?" he asks Bella. She huffs and nods before leaving. "And you...just be yourself I guess." I giggle and bounce out. It is so easy to mess with his head.

~~~

"Your father thinks you should go to an all-girl's school," Edward admits as soon as we're on the road

"No fair, reading Charlie's mind," Bella grumbles but smile nonetheless. Edward looks very amused. Suddenly Edward pulls off the main road and into the woods. The drive is slightly bumpy as we go but it smooths out as we pull into a clearing.