Chapter 9:: Memories of a lost love ( We will remember our fallen)

Start from the beginning

It was tedious work but I finally finished his other receptor and moved on to the joints in his neck. I started scrubbing the joints when I noticed a lot of knotted wires in his neck; they looked painful. I wonder why he didn't say anything about them before? They couldn't feel good. He probably didn't want to bother anyone.  

I have to scrub this goop off anyway right? So I might as well fix this while I'm here. I slowly took one of the large knots and gently started to undo it then I smoothed the wires back into place and massaged the tension out of them. He grunted in relief and seemed to relax as a soft humming near purring sound filled the air as I continued the process a few more times until I didn't see any more. :: Feel better? :: I asked

"Yes, thank you" he replied the humming sound growing in volume as I returned to scrubbing the last of the goop from the joints in his neck. I smirked and continued my task of removing the rest of the goop from Orion. I moved onto his shoulder next. I unknotted the wires in his shoulder then cleaned the joints and removed the goop from his frame. I repeated the task until I came to his servos. It was a little difficult but I was able to get his arm and wrist unstuck from his side. He turned his palm over so I could clean the joint in his wrist. I finished his wrist and moved on to his other arm repeating the process. Then I moved on to his knee joints then his pedes soon all that was left was his backstruts. I got started scrubbing the purple stuff off the best I could as the humming sound got louder. I smirked he sounded like a kitten. Well a giant robotic kitten but a kitten all the same. What made it so funny was the big guy probably didn't even know he was doing it. He looked half asleep and not to mention down right cute. I smiled as I went back to scrubbing the goop from his frame as I noticed all the scratches, and scuffs that covered him. He certainly looked like he could use a fresh coat of paint. Hmm I sighed as I shrugged. I was probably going to do it anyway I suppose I'll ask KO for some while Orion's washing this soap off.  

I had just finished as the humming sound had died down and Orion awoke he blinked a few times before his optics widening as he realized he had fallen asleep." I apologize young one I did not mean to fall into recharge" he said apologetically and a bit sheepish.

:: It's alright I'm done anyway you feel anymore anywhere else?:: I asked. He stretched for a moment or two before answering

" No,"

:: Good. Now go wash off I will be back shortly:: I replied as I jump off the crate.

"Where are you going?" he asked curiously.

:: I'm going to get my bag then see if I can scrounge up some paint:: I replied as I made my way to the door.

"Paint?" He asked.

:: Yes, you can't deny you could use a bit of a touch up:: I replied. He looked himself over and his optics widened as he saw all the scratches that cover his frame.

"I suppose you are right young one" He replied a bit sheepish at having not noticed before hand.

:: Don't forget to make sure you wash all the soap off. We don't need that drying in your joints:: I stated as I walked into the corridor. :: Hey KO you there?:: I asked as a sent a com to Knockout

:: Yeah what is it?:: he asked.

:: Do you have any paint?:: I asked

:: Yeah why?:: he asked suspiciously

:: Orion needs it. That purple goo caused his paint to come off in some places and he has a lot of scratches all over him. So I was gonna help him fix it:: I replied.

:: Fine I'll leave it in the wash racks:: he replied

:: Thank you:: I replied

:: Yeah whatever:: He replied as the com went silent. Yeah whatever I thought rolling my eyes as I continued down the hall. I walked for a while until I came to stand in front of Orion's door. I just stood there for a moment looking at the door with dread and apprehension. What if that song starts as soon as I set foot in the room? I can't believe this! I've been shot at, blown up, hunted and nearly eaten by a Buzakara moor beast, and I'm afraid of stupid song? This is absolutely ridiculous!! I sighed in frustration as I glared at the door. To say I was nervous was an understatement I took a deep breath and then a step forward. I felt no better once the door opened. I could hear the song in my head even though I knew that it was just my imagination. I was filled with a sense of dread I hadn't felt since I was in Kewli's tavern back in Kentaka village. I shuddered at the thought I still have nightmares about what they did to those poor people. They were just protecting their families and they .... The screams...no I won't think about it. I can't. Not here. Not now. Not ever. I took another deep breath and a step into the room and continued to walk to the terminal. I scaled it and grabbed my bag when suddenly the terminal came to life. I jumped ten feet in the air and ran jumping off the terminal landing and rolling to my feet using the momentum to sprint as fast as I could out the door and down the hall. I stopped to catch my breath. Breathing heavily I sat down clutching my pack to my chest. That was close! I sat there a moment or two just catching my breath before berating myself for being such a coward. It's a stupid song! There is no reason to be afraid. I can hear Zek now "Straighten up soldier!"