Part 8

Alex's POV

I went back to school after a week. The Johnson's came back and I've resorted to being a close in Bitch. I have to protect my feelings or they will just get hurt. I'm even hiding the fact that Emily and I are in a relationship. I'm afraid they'll make me leave. If that happens Emily and I will never see each other again.

I sigh and wipe under my eyes for any tears. We arrive at school and I walk to first class after grabbing my books from my locker. I sit in my usual spot and wait for Evan to come in.

He comes in a couple minutes later and puts his arm around my chair. I smile at him before drawing patterns on my jeans. It was a nervous habit. The teacher comes in and I look over to Emily to smile but she's not there. I listen to the teacher for the rest of class.

~after school~

I grab my bag and head out of the school. I go to the car and put my bag in. We get to the house and I walk inside. I put my bag on the couch. Mary comes out and gives all three of us hugs. I smile at her. I start on my homework.

After a while I hear a knock on the door. I yell that I'll open it. I walk to the door opening it. I open the door and hug the life out of him. I smile at him as I hug him like a koala. My grin grows as he steps inside the house. Quinn laughs at me as I get off him.

He wipes under my eyes for a couple tears that escaped my eyes. I couldn't help it I hadn't seen him in three years. Quinn was a friend who liked me for me. We had lost touch when I got placed in a different house. I grab my purse and I grab his hand pulling him outside. I yell out that I was leaving. I hold his hand as we walk down the street.

I suddenly had a feeling like this wasn't right but I shook it off. We walked in silence for a while. He wrapped his arm around me. We talked about what happened after we were separated. I told him about being moved to two other houses. He nodded along and told me how his parents had split up and I hugged him. He told me how much he missed me. I told him about the bullying. I even told him about Emily. He understood.

When we arrived back at my house I took him inside. I was surprised to see Emily waiting for me. I hugged her but she was mad. I introduced them. I pulled her aside to see why she was so mad. She told me to shake it off and went to kiss me. I turned my head last second so she kissed my cheek. I hadn't told Mary yet. After a while Quinn said he had to go. I walked him out and he told me to stay brave and don't let the world get me down. I told him to stay kind and friendly also it gets better one day. Lastly I said I'd find him when I'd age out. I watched him walked down the street to his car. He pulled up and gave me a piece of paper with his number on it.

He drove off and I walked back inside. Emily smiled at me and whispered in my ear "wanna go to my place. I've got something to tell you over dinner. Maybe sleep over if you want."I nodded and went to tell Mary. We walk quietly to her house.

We enter and she orders Chinese. I smile at her as I sit on her couch. We chat a while before the food arrives. We start eating and chatting.