M a s q u e r a d e .

We covered our faces in mask.

Mask that represented the person we convinced ourselves we were while we mislead humans as they mislead us.

We covered our faces in mask.

Mask that determined whether we fit in with the cliquey teenagers with the luscious hair and the long tan legs that walked by you so effortlessly.

We covered our faces in mask,

So that the memories of the bullies from two grades ago can leak out of the mock-up mask,

And when you mopped up the words that were yelled out from their mouths each day each night for 180 days, the mask fell from you're face.

When you're mask was gone and you were yourself again you couldn't find any equality.

Because the person in the mask isn't you, the person they convinced you were isn't you, and the person you are convincing yourself to be isn't you.

The person you were hiding for those stubborn middle school years is you, the person you were hiding in those impatient high school years is you. The person you are comfortable wearing around yourself when there is only you and the silence around you, that person is you.

Whether that person is weak, strong, ambitious, kind, mean, sweet, black, Asian, white, that person you are hiding in that repulsive mask isn't you.

That person isn't you, so who are you?

----

Hello Wattpadians,

So far I'm trying a new direction and trying to be more poetic, so far I think I'm doing okay but I could definitely do better. I know something in my heart is blocking it but I will find it.

I hope you enjoyed and continue to read. If you did enjoy it feel free to vote, leave a comment, and follow me on my page @brooklynwild

And tell me, who are you? what kind of person are you?

OH AND THERE IS A PLAYLIST COMING SOON IF IT HASN'T ALREADY