Coming Closer Together

I awoke knowing today was going to be the best day of my life. I got out of bed and got dressed. All of us were having breakfast together. I didn't like everyone here, but I had people I liked. Those people being Laporsha, McKenzie, Dalton and Trent.
Once I got down there, I sat next to Laporsha.
"Ashley... You and Dalton did amazing last night. I didn't get a chance to tell you that. You two were made for each other. She way you two sing together is just amazing. Congrats." Laporsha said.
"Thank you." I said. I told her about last night.
"I can tell he likes you." Laporsha said to me.
"That? That was nothing." I said. She looked at me like I was crazy.
"Girl that was something. He's never sung like that. Your special." She said, smirking. I then noticed he was coming. He sat between me and Trent. We were having pancakes so I passed him the syrup.
"Thank you Ashley..." He said.
"No problem Dalton..." I said. Our hands touched and his face got red and so did mine. He turned to talk to Trent. I turned over and looked at Laporsha. She was eating so I decided to eat too. I suddenly heard them talking about me. Not like, "Ashley is so ugly", or "why did you kiss Ashley?".They were talking about last night.
"See? That was something." She said, smiling.
"Yeah, but I'm not any better than anyone else here." I said.
"In Dalton's eyes you are." She said, smirking. I decided to level it at that.
"Are you done yet?" Laporsha said to me."
"Yeah. I am. Rehearsal time?" I said.
"Rehearsal time." She said, helping me up. We walked to the huge stage together. We talked about Dalton on the way.
"Are you ready for Thursday? Why song are you singing?" Laporsha said.
"Um...well I don't know yet." I said. It's only Tuesday so I'm okay.
"I'm singing 'Diamonds'." She said.
"That's a very good song choice." I said. Laporsha left to go rehearse. Suddenly, I heard someone coming behind me.
"Hello Ashley." Trent said. Dalton was right next to him.
"Hey there Trent. It's nice to see you again." I said. I could tell Dalton was looking at me, but I didn't dare to look over at him to see. I was a shy person when it came to boys.
"I have to go talk to Laporsha. I'll be back." Dalton said, walking off.
"Were you two talking about what happened last night?" I asked Trent.
"Yes we were. Have you chosen I partner to do the duet with?" He asked me.
"Wait. What? I thought we were just singing one song by ourselves. We have to sing a duet too?" I said, hoping there was still time to pick Dalton as my partner.
"Yeah. They didn't tell you?" He said.
"I guess not." I said, laughing.
"Well Dalton told me he picked you. He really likes you. A lot." He said, smiling. I was shocked.
"Y'all should chose a song." He said, walking off.
"Hey I'm back." Dalton said, smiling. I looked up at him.
"Good. Now we can chose a song." I said. We walked over to the book of songs. It had every song create in it.
"Love? Rock? Classical?" He said. It was obvious he wanted to do a love song.
"Love." I said. He looked over at me.
"Was it that obvious?" He said, laughing.
"Yes. Yes it was." I said. We looked back at the book.
"What about "I Really Like You"?" He said.
"Hmm...let's keep looking." I said. We searched some more.
"What about "Love Song"? He said. I could see it now. Laporsha and Trent were right.
"Let's do it. Now I just have to chose a song to sing by myself." I said with a smile.
"You want to rehearse right now or later?" He said. We both knew that answer.
"Later." I said. He looked happy. He grabbed my hand and we walked over to Laporsha and Trent. What we didn't know is that the Jennifer and Harry saw us, and had a special surprise they were going to give us on Thursday during 'American Idol'.