Near-Death Experiences Chapter 4

If you haven't read any of this before, make sure you start at the prologue so things make sense. <3

Thanks everyone for reading this! I know sometimes it's confusing with all the flashbacks and stuff, but it's really exciting to write. Usually I have everything pre-written on my downstairs computer and then upload it up here, but with this story, I just go along with whatever comes to me and don't plan anything out ahead of time. Anyways, Happy Saint Nick's! (even though it was yesterday!) Thanks! Read, vote...vote...comment...fan...vote...and...oh, yeah... ENJOY!!!!! <3

Recap-

Maybe I wasn't going home after all.

*end of flashback*

Chapter 4

The eyes that were piercing at me were none other than Drake Karson's; Blake's evil altar. Something must've gone terribly, terribly wrong. Now there was great likelihood that I wasn't going to live to see another sunrise.

Even though I knew that the guy in front of me was not Blake I didn't want to believe it. It seemed so-so supernatural. People don't just change into other people. There was something in Blake's eyes, though, that told me that he wasn't Blake.

Instead of his normal more relaxed and natural look, he head all his features scrunched tightly together so his face looked all demented. He almost looked like Granny. After he turns back into himself I'm positive he'll have a heck of a time trying to get rid of his frown lines. He'll probably need plastic surgery.

Blake/Drake's eyes were in slits as he hesitated to glare at me. In the darkness of the windowless room his dark blue eyes looked nearly black and stood out tremendously against his pale-cream skin.

His eyes quickly darted around the room as he examined his surroundings.

That gave me time to think. What was I supposed to do?

If I called the cops on Drake I'd also be sending Blake to jail, right?

Blake was good.

Blake was my friend.

Blake saved my life.

Blake is the best guy I've ever met.

And Drake was ruining it.

If only there was some possible way to change him back into his normal good ol' self. I thought back to the night I met him.

*flashback*

"Mur-murder?" I stuttered.

"Yeah, you know, where somebody kills someone." He answered sarcastically.

"I know what murder is!" I snapped back angrily. I wasn't stupid. Not that that theory is ironic of anything considering that I'm riding in the car with an insecure Blake-one-minute-Drake-the-next guy who seemed a little loopy. After I snapped at him he raised his right eyebrow with a slight half-smile playing at the edges of his lip.

"What?" I crossed my arms across my chest grumpily.

Blake said nothing, but his mood seemed to change drastically from bad to good in 2.2. The SUV made a sharp turn onto my road. I pointed out my house and he stopped in front of it. I heard the door click unlocked and I could barely believe that I was aback home and not in a coffin having people playing dress-up with my corpse.

I was anxious to get home, but before I could get out of the vehicle I felt Blake's warm hand grab hold of my arm. My head spun around to face him almost as fast as a bullet shoots out of a gun after you pull the trigger.

"One more thing." He said calmly.

"What?" Without saying anything he handed me a napkin with a phone number jotted down on it in god-awful bad handwriting.

"What do you want me to do with this?"

"If my father ever, and I do mean ever, comes after you again, you have to call me. I know some things about him I can use to my advantage."

I took the napkin tightly in my hand and slammed the door behind me after I got out the SUV.

Seconds later, the SUV was out of sight.

*end of flashback*