Near-Death Experiences Chapter 3

If you haven't read any of this book yet make sure you start at the prologue!!! I've been getting great feedback from some really good writers that are here on wattpad!

Oh and I'd like to specially thank fizzy4life and Susie0990 for giving me the best comments I could possibly ask for and just for generally reading what I write! e&e&Thanx!

Okay& so this might be a really confusing chapter (that s why I took so long to get it up& . I wanted to make it as easy to understand as possible) and at the end I m going to have a link that you might want to go to after you re done reading.

Anyways I suppose you people don't want to sit here and listen to me drone... so read, vote, vote, comment, vote, and hmm... ENJOY IT!!! <3

Also... sorry it's so short!!!

Recap-

Usually I would've thought nothing of it, but it seemed evident that there was something horribly wrong.

Chapter 3-

"Kayla!" I yelled frantically searched all the rooms in the hallway.

"Jordin?!" An unfamiliar voice answered me. It was a man's voice and I didn't recall ever hearing it before. How did it know my name?

There was another rustling and it sounded like there was a fight going on in a room a bit further down the corridor. Then it hit me.

Somebody-who probably was here to kill me-was in my house.

"Hang on Kayla!" I screamed as I dashed to the door where the noise was coming from."

I found the door, but it was locked.

Down the hall was the supply closet.

If I could do it fast enough I could break the door down. I had to get there before something happened to my sister. I didn't want mom to be pissed if she came home to find me lying across the couch holding my sister's dead body and having nothing to say about it except for "Oops."

Quickly I opened the closet door and grabbed the nearest thing to me-a mop with a metal handle. I cantered back down the hall holding my mop as if I was knight going at a joust.

Then there was another scream as I stabbed the door I'd detected the fight coming from menacingly with the end of my mop. I jabbed it again and again violently as an adrenaline rushed through my entire body. I closed my eyes tight to shield them from the flying debris of out thousand-dollar door that were flying at lightning speed through the air.

I was whacking at it so wildly that I didn't even notice when the door wasn't there any more. For quite a while I was trying to hit the that I didn't notice that wasn't there.

When I finally realized that something was wrong, I opened my eyes to see an open door, a bleeding sister, and those familiar dark eyes staring back at me with an evil glint.

*flashback*

"You wouldn't hurt me." I told him.

My voice was small and he could probably tell I wasn't so sure of that.

"You're right. I wouldn't," he said, "but there's something that you don't know about me." He said nothing after that and I wasn't sure what he meant by what he'd just said. By the looks of it, though, the thing I did not know was something I probably didn't want to know. "So now you're going to be quiet?" he asked.

"What am I supposed to say? I just want to go home." Near the end of my rant I heard my voice turn into a pathetic whine. Blake's eyes suddenly turned sympathetic and his hard face turned slightly softer.

"Jordin... I'm ill. I'm probably like nobody you've ever met before." He trailed. "You'll probably never meet anybody like me ever again."

"You're sick?" I was sort of surprised. What sort of excuse was that to suddenly decide not to let me go home? "What do you have?" I hoped he wasn't contagious. I was too young to die!

"Have you ever heard of something called DID?"

My thoughts trailed as I though long and hard trying to find recognition. I finally gave up and shook my head, stumped.

"Of course you haven't. I shouldn't have even asked." He sighed. "It stands for dissociative identity disorder."

"What's that?" Something about Blake was just now beginning to catch my attention. It wasn't just his little disorder he was talking about, either. He had really nice eyes... My thoughts were rudely interrupted by the sound of his voice.

"It's really hard to explain, Jordin. I guess you could say that it's where when something goes wrong I turn into a completely different person and do things I normally wouldn't do. When I turn back into my original self I don't remember anything about what I did as my altar which is just doctor language for other personality."

Hadn't seen that one coming.

"O-okay." I stuttered. "So what? Big deal. You're more than one person. Why is that so bad?"

Blake's dark eyes flashed at me angrily.

"You just don't get it, do you?" he grumbled. "Both of my altars are completely different from me. One of them-Jake-is the one that doesn't feel anything. When I'm him it's like I'm not there at all. He just saves me from feeling depressed. And when I get angry," he paused, "I turn into Drake." His voice was dark, cold, and serious.

So many questions passed through my head. What was so bad about "Drake?"

Keeping quiet, I leaned further away in my seat. least it was looking like there was a good chance I'd get to go home.

"Drake's evil. And he's wanted for murder in three states."

Maybe I wasn't going home after all.

*end of flashback*