V Magazine Interview

Written by: Candice Johnson

Photos by: Carson Preistly 

I had the pleasure of sitting down with the always humble Castor Briggs, we first met over coffee before she decided that she was okay with the body painted shorts we had planned for her. She joked about how she was a coffee addict and would drink it all day if it wasn't bad for her. As my first interview with her I admit I was a bit nervous. This girl was someone who dragged her way up from obscurity to be a star, it didn't help that my fifteen year old daughters told me if that I did anything to anger her they'd hate me forever. Also I was assigned with the task of getting autographs for both of them, which Castor was more than happy to give. Castor Briggs is still just the girl from Texas living her dreams, no chance of stardom getting to her head which is rare to find these days if you ask me.  

Candice: So you say you got your start singing in church, when did you discover that's what you wanted to do?

Castor: I think I was singing at a young age. I have home videos from the time I was a toddler singing and dancing along to songs from Disney classics. So I always feel like I was meant to sing. I'm just happy people like to listen.

I could tell the smile Castor held was genuine and that is what lead me to the next question.

Candice: Do you think your fans have a lot to do with where you are?

Castor: Oh! Absolutely. I'd be nowhere without them. They're the best people in the universe. I couldn't imagine my life without them. I like being able to keep up with them through social media such as Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and such. 

Candice: you're very active on instagram especially. You also seem to have some haters on there. How do you deal with that?

Castor: My brothers defend me to the end of the Earth, which I appreciate. But you can't go through life thinking that everyone is going to like you, that's just not true. I don't wish ill on people who don't like me, that's their choice not to like me. I do what I do because I love it, and I hope other people love it as well.

Candice: You're a huge advocate for LGBTQ youth, as well as other things such as bully. What makes you so passionate?

Castor: I think everyone deserves the right to be who they are one hundred percent of the time. If they can't be themselves who are they supposed to be? We've come a long way from where we were a year ago, but it's still not where it should be. Gay marriage isn't legal in all fifty states, the idiots here in California passed another bill to make it illegal again here. I just don't understand how someone can have so much hate in their heart that they are willing to tell other humans they don't deserve the same basic rights as people who chose to be in straight relationships do, I hate it to be quite honest.