Chapter 9 (continued)

~Sans P.O.V~

"so when's dinner ready? im starving." I nervously interrupted. He took the bait and switched topics. "OH YES, THE SPAGHETTI! THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME SANS!" He got up and walked towards the stove to stir his spaghetti. phew, that was close. Undyne looked at me suspiciously. "Who was he talking about?" "w-what? i don't know. you know Paps, him and his stories." I shrugged to try to dismiss the topic. However, I knew she wasn't going to let it go so quickly. Papyrus sat back down and resumed chatting up Undyne about his training and how cool she was.

I was too worried about Y/N. if Undyne finds out, she's going to try to kill them. "Sans, what's the matter?" "YEAH, WHATS WRONG? YOU LOOK TROUBLED!" They were both staring at me. I must have left an expression on my face. "AND WHERES Y/-" "nothing's wrong!" I interrupted again. Undyne scowled at me then turned to face Papyrus. this doesn't look good.. "So Papyrus? Who's this person you keep asking about?" "OH JUST MY NEW FRIEND, Y/-" "his new friend Yolanda. right Papyrus?" I wasn't lying as we had met a kid named Yolanda a couple days ago. "I REMEMBER THEM! I WONDER HOW THEY ARE DOING!" Papyrus went with it again, but Undyne looked indifferent.

Papyrus got up again to serve the plates and got out three plates. "Well if it was just his new friend, why were you so quick to interrupt him? You're hiding something, aren't you? You haven't told a single joke or pun." She hissed. She wasn't wrong either. "you've cod to be kidding me. i was only saving them until the end." I winked and shrugged. It seemed to work, as she stopped looking at me all murder like. A plate of hot spaghetti was served in front of me and I'll admit it did look appetizing. I took a small bite and it was pretty good.

"HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT! I TRIED A NEW RECIPE." "it's great, pap!" "It's delicious." She had already finished half and reached into to her black jacket. "I brought some golden flower tea, if that's alright." "QUITE! I LOVE YOUR TEA UNDYNE!" She got up and filled a teapot with water. I could see something or rather, someone, peeking their head into the living and my imaginary blood ran cold. It was Y/N calling me for some reason. "Psst! Sans!" "uh, ill be right back." I walked into the living room.

"what are ya doing? are you trying to get caught?" They looked away from me as if they were embarrassed. "I-I got lonely." I shook my head and grinned. "you're a lot of work, kiddo." I hugged them. "ill be back in a few, don't worry." They smiled and quietly ran back upstairs. I turned to walk back into the kitchen but bumped into Undyne. She was smiling unusually big. "Who were you talking to?" "n-no one. what are you talking about?" I tried to walk around her but she blocked my way.

"Either you tell me, or I'll go up there and find out myself. And don't think your little "Yolanda" story fooled me." "you're over reacting, i mean what do i have to hide?" "I know about the promise. If it's true, and you're hiding a human, I'm gonna kick your bass." nice but intimidating pun there, but how did she know about that promise? She walked around me and up the stairs, making me freak out. Luck must have been on my side as the teapot began to whistle. She looked annoyed but walked back into the kitchen. this is getting a bit too close for comfort.

~Time Skip~

Undyne didn't try anything else and left right after tea and dinner. Normally she'd stick around and talk with Papyrus, but not this time. Papyrus wrapped up the third plate of spaghetti and placed it in the refrigerator. He walked up to me, looking very serious. "I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU WOULDN'T LET ME TELL UNDYNE ABOUT THE HUMAN. BUT I SUPPOSE IT WAS FOR A GOOD REASON." "wait, you knew?" "WELL OF COURSE!" so that's why he keep going along with it. "thanks pap. i owe you." "ANYTIME BROTHER!" He smiled as usual and began cleaning up the kitchen.

I walked back upstairs to find my room door locked with the lights on. It was unusually quiet in there, as I expected they would have at least turned on the TV. I knocked on the door. No response. "kid, it's me. open up." I knocked again. maybe they are just asleep. I used my magic and teleported into the room. It was empty, messy and the window was busted. There was also blood on the carpet. A spear was lying on the floor.

oh, god... please no. why did i not pay closer attention? how did i not hear this happen?

 why did i not pay closer attention? how did i not hear this happen?

"y/n...." My voice cracked.

I walked downstairs with my hood up and my head low. "papyrus, ill be back soon." "OKAY!" I opened the front door and walked out.