Chapter 9

"SANS, Y/N! DINNER IS ALMOST READY. WE WILL BE HAVING A SPECIAL GUEST TODAY!" Papyrus called from the bottom of the stairs. You could hear a faint conversation from the kitchen. You opened your eyes and rubbed them while sitting up. Sans was still fast asleep and showed no signs of waking up anytime soon. You were about to get up until you felt a grip pull you back into the bed. "you weren't about to leave me, were ya kid?" You looked at him, a stupid grin on his face. You rolled your eyes and looked at him.

"And if I was? You can't stop me." you said proudly while trying to get free. "oh, really?" Sans hugged around you while laying down, forcing you down as well. "you make this too easy, y/n." He said with a smirk. Instead of attempting to get up again, you pinned him to the bed. You could see he was startled by your sudden action. "u-uh whatcha doing?" He tried to move his arms but you had him trapped. You leaned closed to his face and whispered, "You can't stop me." You bolted from the room and downstairs before he could do a thing about it.

"You're getting slow, Sansy!" you laughed as you could hear him getting up from the bed and playfully growling. Papyrus was already at the kitchen table and was talking to someone. "WOWIE, YOU'RE SO COOL UNDYNE!" You walked towards the kitchen to greet them. "Hi P-" A bony hand covered your mouth and dragged you half way up the stairs. "you can't go out there." "Why not? I want to meet Undyne." you said, crossing your arms. "listen to me. sure, a majority of the monsters down here are particularly friendly but there are a few who kill humans to try to open the barrier." he whispered very seriously.

"What's the barrier?" "it's a very strong magic force that keeps monsters and humans apart. in order to open it, we need seven human souls. so far we have six, and Undyne is very spear happy." Spear happy? What does he mean by that? And human souls? "Why didn't you tell me this stuff earlier?" Sans looked at his feet and stuffed his hands into his jacket pocket. "i just thought you wouldn't want to stay here anymore. im sorry." "No, it's ok. I'm not mad. If you say I shouldn't go down there, well then I won't." Sans looked at you surprised, and then happily. "thanks, kid. i don't know what i'd do if something were to happen." You hugged him and walked back upstairs while he walked into the kitchen.

"Hi Sans." "HELLO SANS! WHERE IS Y/-"