Chapter 6

Focusing on a video game with Sans so close to you was very difficult if not impossible. He looked so cute while he was concentrating on beating the level. You weren't too good at it so you decided to just give up your turns and watch Sans play. He was really good but he must have beaten it many times before.

You pulled off a cover from his bed and scooted closer to him, leaning your head on his shoulder. It was already night time since you two wasted hours and hours of playing video games, but you didn't mind. You sigh contently and watched him progress through mini bosses and secret levels. He paused it and looked at you. "heh. don't go falling asleep on me, kiddo." "I won't, silly. Now finish playing the game, I wanna know what the last level is." Sans shook his head chuckling, then resumed the game.

You were a bit tired though and Sans made a surprisingly good pillow. Your eyelids got droopy as you leaned a bit more of your weight on his shoulder. He didn't seem to notice so maybe you could get away with a quick 5 minute nap. You closed your eyes fully and drifted off.

Oh god, what time was it? I must have drifted off longer than expected. You slowly opened your eyes but didn't move your body as you felt something moving on your head. Sans was gently stroking your hair and you realized you were in his bed again. He probably still thinks I'm asleep. The covers were tucked under your chin and Sans was laying behind you. It was so soothing and you felt your cheeks flush again. After some time, Sans moved even closer to you and nuzzled into your neck, causing you to involuntarily giggle.

He got stiff and quickly shifted away from you. "u-uh, kid?" You didn't say anything and held your breath. "heh, i know you're awake, Y/N." He poked your side and you squealed, blowing your cover. "Um, hi." you said awkwardly. There was a wave of silence until you remembered the video game. "I didn't mean to fall asleep on you, I was just.. I mean, I-" Sans chuckled. "it's ok, im not mad or anything." Another minute of silence. "Hey, by the way, er, what were you doing? To my hair..?" Sans inhaled sharply and you turned to face him, seeing a blue coloring on his cheekbones again. Hehe. He's so adorable. "you felt that, huh?" You nodded.

"well, guess i gotta 'fess up." he said with a wink. "after you fell asleep, you just looked so peaceful. i turned off the game and carried you in my bed and got in, but i wasn't tired." "That's new." you said, snickering. Sans rolled his pinpricks and continued. "anyway, you were just there and i turned to face you, but your hair was in my face, heh. so naturally, i was gonna move it out the way but it was so soft. and yeah." He avoided eye contact with you and the blue deepened in color. "Awh, you're so lovable." The words slipped out before you could think. You quickly slapped a hand over your mouth and gasped.

"w-w-what was that, kiddo?" "N-nothing. Just, um, thinking out loud." Sans had a smug look on his face. "sooo, you were thinking about me being, lovable?" He dragged the last word out and you instinctively turned away from him, blushing furiously. He delicately grabbed your face in his hands and made you look at him. "it's alright, Y/N. i think you're pretty cute." "WHAT? Me? Cute?" "mhmm." He poked your nose and you scrunched up your face.

You sat up and tried to hide your crimson tinted cheeks, but failed. "hey, are ya blushing kiddo?" "N-no! It was just warm in the covers and um.." You got out of the bed quickly and rushed towards the bathroom. You snuck a peek at Sans to see him staring back at you with a stupid grin. Ugh, what is he doing to me? You went into the bathroom and locked the door.