Chapter 23-The Funeral

*4 days until Prom

Me and Sabrina woke up around 9:00. I just couldn't get my mind off of Luke. I mean today was his funeral and it was going to be hard for me just watching his lifeless big sit in a casket.

Me and Sabrina walk down the stairs and get some breakfast.

With the cereal already laid out, we grabbed milk, a bowl and and spoon for our cereal. I dump a whole load of Fruit Loops in the bowl, spill milk in there and sit down to eat.

While eating, I feel a banging in my leg. I already knew who it was."Stop it Austin!" I yell at Sabrina's little brother Austin.

"It's not me!" He whines.

I get all the sudden mad."Yes it was! Every single time I come over here, you always sit in the other side of the table and kick my legs! I know it was you!" I scream at him. He never thought it was him.

"Show me the proof little girl!" He kicks in his attitude.

"I have a bruise and 1st of all, I am not no little girl!" I put up my fist as if I was going to punch him but I wouldn't punch him.

"Guys calm down." Sabrina butts into our conversation.

I did calm down and continued to eat my cereal.

-Going home-

I end up walking home and get a text from my back pocket.

Beau-Can you please come over?

Me-Sure😉

I didn't know why he wanted me to one over and I honesty didn't think much of it.

I was already walking home and there house was on the way.

I see there house and walk up to there door with a big 'B' on it standing for 'Brooks'. I knock and Beau lets me in.

"So what do ya need me for?" I ask him.

"Well, my mom would just want to talk to you." He tells me.

"Where is she again?" I ask him to where she was.

"Up there." He points up the stairs to where Gina was in her room.

I walk up there stairs and see a door cracked open. Of corse it was Luke's. I know I shouldn't be but I had to go in there.

There were posters of soccer everywhere. There were clothes all scattered all over the floor. But something caught my eye. It was a note on his desk.

Dear Mom,

I am just saying. I have moved on from everyone else. I don't have the player ways anymore. I love Kaci. More than anything. I just want you not know that I have matured and ended up living the one I would want to marry, have a life with, have kids with and I don't want to rush in to any of that. Just accept the fact that u love her, but not like I have for anyone else.

       Truly Yours,

           Luke Anthony Mark Brooks

"What are you doing?" Beau barges in. He scares me and I drop the piece of paper.

"Nothing." I quickly walk out of the room remembering what I was here for.

I walk into Gina's room."Hey Gina." I greet her. She turns around and I see that her eyes are red.

"What's the matter?!" I ask her.

"It's hard going to your own sons funeral." I hear her sob on my shoulder.

"I know..." I try to make her feel better.

"But umm. I have a special dress I would like you to wear to his funeral." She holds up a dress that was all black with lease covering it.

"You want me to wear it?!" I ask her.

"Why yes." She tells me.

"This is perfect. Of corse I will wear it." I smile.

"Well get ready. We have to leave in 2 hours." She try's smile but it was hard to smile because your face hurts after when crying.

She gives me the dress and I carry it to the bathroom. I try it in and walk out of the bathroom for Gina to see it.

"You look wonderful!" She compliments on how the dress fits me and how it looks around.

"Can I borrow your makeup?" I ask Gina if I could wear it for the funeral.

"It's in the lower left cabinet in the bathroom." She informs me.

I walk over to the bathroom and search through the cabinet. I finally find Gina's makeup bag and search to what I want to wear. I find some eyeliner and apply some in my eye. Once I am done, I apply mascara. I can't go anywhere without mascara on my eyes....if it don't then they just look so...naked. I open up the eyeshadow and wipe black eyeshadow on my eye with a mix of white. I mean...I had to wear all black.

I walk back into Gina's room."You look great!" I tell her.

"You look wonderful. Now let's get goin, we don't want to be late now do we?" She tells me walking down the stairs.

Be walk down the stairs and Jai and Beau get up from watching TV.
"Come on guys!" Gina yells at us and we get into her car.

-At The Funeral-

We shut the doors and head into the church.

Truthfully, I could already see myself crashing down before his body and bursting into tears.

We eventually start the service and Gina goes up for a speech.

"My son was my life. He was the best thing ever that had happened to me. All 3 of my boys were. I miss his laughter that used to fill the house. I miss it when we argued. I just loved hearing his voice. I could never forget the death of my son. I love him dearly. But I think I should move on from this, but never forget it." She ends her speak for Luke and a tear slides from her eye and down her cheek and do I.

A priest walks I front of the crowd and announces,"We will be taking a look at Luke Anothey Mark Brooks body. I think the family would like a little time alone with him." He tells all of us. Other than Gina,me,Jai, and Beau, the others left the church.

"Alright guys...lets open the casket." Gina tells us whist taking a deep breath.

She opens it and I couldn't believe what I saw...