Chapter Twenty Two

My birthday was on Tuesday and I turned 20! I thought I'd upload a new chapter to celebrate! I've been busy with work and in about 3 weeks I start my sophomore year of college. So far I'm loving college and I can't wait to go back, this time I'm living on campus which will hopefully be a fun experience. I'm also hoping this experience would make a good story. I want to write a story where my character is in college. We'll see.

Happy Reading!

*****

"You look fine. Stop pulling the dress down, you're stretching it." Emily advised as we were permitted entrance into the club.

"It's too tight. I can barely breathe!" The dress was black, too short, and tight around my ribs, bringing entirely too much attention to my breasts protruding from the top.

"Stop being a baby and have fun." Allison came up beside me and hooked her arm around mine.

"Yeah," Kat hooked her arm around the other arm.

"Tonight, you're not married." said Emily.

"But I am." I argued. I was still wearing my wedding ring. Ellis and I were in a bad place but that didn't mean we were divorced. Even though he had broken the rules of our commitment.

"Mel, babe, just relax. We're not suggesting you have sex with some guy and tape it then send it to Ellis—"

"That'd be petty." Kat said.

"I agree." I said.

Allison rolled her eyes. "As I was saying, we came here to have a girls' night. No more talk of or references to your cheating husband."

I groaned.

"She has a point, Mel." Emily said.

"Fine. You're right." I sighed.

The club, Phoenix, was popular. Visiting a popular club on a Saturday was a bad idea because packed couldn't describe how many people were here. Kat made a reservation for a booth, thankfully because that's the only area where people hadn't migrated to because it was blocked.

From there we ordered one round. All the girls had a point, I was being uptight and stiff because the last time I'd partied like this was when I was single and that'd been a long while ago. I don't remember much from my single life because I'd been Ellis for so long. It was still foreign to me. Kat, Allison, and Emily were all giving off these looks of invitation to guys passing by but I sat there with my legs crossed nervously turning over my next glass of Paul Mason. I was contemplating about really letting loose. I've had a drink before, too much actually. I've only been drunk one time in my life and I had a feeling that if I gave in to my second drink then tonight would be the second time.

"You're doing it again." Emily shouted over the music.

"What?" I shouted back.

"Thinking, you shouldn't do that."

"I'm sorry?" I said, confused.

She laughed. "No, silly, you're not letting loose and you do that thing where you turn over every option in your mind before you decide what you should do."

"No, I don't."

"Hey, you two, stop with the whispers. We're supposed to have fun!" Kat chimed.