D R O W N I N G S O R R O W S

Start from the beginning

"Don't be ridiculous," he said, squeezing my hand tighter and pulling me off of the stool I sat on. I stumbled slightly as my feet adjusted to carrying my weight again.

"Hurry up," he demanded, half-dragging me along with him. I smirked as I placed the unopened sake bottle in my weapons pouch on the way out.

~~~~~

By the time we reached the Inn, I was a stumbling mess. On the way over Sasuke tried to explain to me that they booked three rooms, one for Suigetsu and Jugo, one for Karin and I, and one for himself. This news didn't go over well though, and I began to throw a drunken tantrum about seeing Karin's bitchy face. The corners of his mouth turned up into a slight smile at my reaction, and he decided against making me confront her while I was intoxicated. A smart decision on his part. Instead, he took me to an empty room, one that I assumed to be his, and sat me down on the bed.

The springs creaked under my weight slightly, a sound that I probably found more amusement in than I should have. I grinned as I bounced up and down, recreating the sound over and over again for my drunk ears.

As I did so, Sasuke gave me a long look, as if silently asking me to knock it off. I just grinned and continued as he sighed and turned his back to me, walking into the bathroom. The door locked behind him and I immediately sat still, letting myself feel accomplished for something so trivial. My body swayed slightly on the plush comforter as I continued to sit, and I quickly realized that I needed something to lean on before I lost balance and toppled over. Settling for the easiest option, I slid from my spot on the mattress down onto the floor with a thud, splaying my legs out in front of me. I giggled silently as I leaned my head back against the bed, feeling more comfortable this way.

The latch to the bathroom door clicked as Sasuke stepped out, holding a paper cup of water, one that they usually supplied in Inns like this. He looked down at me and rolled his eyes.

"Here, drink this," he extended the cup to me as he walked forward and I gladly reached up to take it.

"Thanks," I slurred, drinking the contents of the cup in one gulp. The water was a refreshing change to the sake that I'd been consuming for... well, how long had I been drinking?

"C'mon, let's get you to bed," Sasuke's words interrupted my stream of consciousness and I turned to him with a pout.

"No way, I'm not even tired."

He sighed. "You have to sleep."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because..." I trailed off, forgetting what I was going to say.

Wait, why didn't I want to sleep?

Oh yeah.

"...because I'm mad at you." I huffed, crossing my arms in front of me and turning my head from him.

He sighed again. "If I apologize, will you go to bed?"

"Nope," I slurred, still scowling at the wall. "It wont be sin... since..." I paused, feeling my anger wash away again as I stumbled over my words. "It wont be genuine." I settled on a different synonym, looking back over at him.

He was watching me with that amused twinkle in his eye again.

"But..." I continued, getting an idea. "I know one way you can make me forgive you."

One of his eyebrows raised, telling me to continue. I reached behind my back into my weapons pouch and produced the stolen sake.

"You have to drink this with me."