Chapter 1

This is the story of Celestia. Princess Celestia was born 9 months after the marriage between Stefan and Princess Leila but it was decided that as King Henry was so sick that having a celebration was not to happen. Princess Celestia was christened and a year later, much to Stefan's secret satisfaction, King Henry passed away.

Stefan was crowned King. He finally had what he'd always wanted. Another year passed and another girl was born to the now King Stefan and Queen Leila. Aurora. The King and Queen would have a grand celebration for their new born daughter.

The castle was lively with many people. Royals and peasants. They were going to christen then new princess and bestown her many gifts. Even a trio of fairies who sought to foster peace and goodwill.

"Oh, look, there's the baby!" The blue fairy spoke.

"I love babies!" the green one spoke cheerfully.

"Can you just concentrate, please?" The pink one said agitated. "I'm not telling you again" all three hovered in the air in front of the King and Queen. "Greetings, your majesty. I am Knotgrass of the Moorland Fair Folk"

"I'm Flittle, your Kingship"

"And I'm Thistlewit, your Royalnesses"

"They bring gifts for our daughter" the queen informed the King who was skeptical about the three fairies. Celestia's eyes shone brighter at the sight of the fairies having never seen such creatures before. She clung to the crib that held her little sister. From the moment Aurora was born Celestia had been by her side day and night. Almost as though she was protecting her.

"These are not just any old gifts, for, you see, we're magic!" Flittle spoke gleefully.

"And very good with children" Knotgrass added. " We would also like to bestow these gifts on your eldest daughter too. If you would allow us"

"Very well" The King succumbed and the three fairies approached the two princesses.

"Sweet Aurora and Celestia, I wish for you both the gift of beauty" Knotgrass used her magic and forward moved Flittle.

"My wish is that you will never be blue, only happy, all the days of your lives" little Aurora sneezed the butterfly away while Celestia giggled at the butterfly that landed on her little nose. Smiling ear to ear. She turned to her mother and father. Her mother's smile beautiful and bright like a ray of sunlight.

"Sweet babies, my wish for you is that you both find..." But Thistlewit was interrupted by a strong gust of wind. Most of the candles were blown out and all the light in the room seemed to disappear were it not for the few who flickered strong against the force of the wind. A dark figure walked towards the King and Queen.

"Maleficent" all three fairies whispered. Celestia did not move, whether because of fear or because of bravery but she grabbed onto the crib harder. She stayed with her little sister.

"Well, well" Maleficent chuckled. "What a glittering assemblage, King Stefan. Royalty, nobility, the gentry, and..." She laughed evilly. "How quaint. Even the rabble" she looked at King Stefan and her smile faded. "I must say I really felt quite distressed at not receiving an invitation"

"You're not welcome here" King Stefan spoke but his fear was evident. Maleficent mockingly whimpered looking upset.

"Oh" she began to laugh. "Oh, dear. What an awkward situation"

"You're not offended?" Queen Leila asked.

"Why, no. And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift on the children" she began to approach the princesses.

"No! We don't want your gifts!" Maleficent ignored the King.

"Stay away from the princesses!" Knotgrass spoke angrily.

"Yes, stay away!" Thistlewit added. Maleficent used her magic to send the three little fairies flying into a crate.

"Hmm... Mmm. Listen well, all of you. The princesses shall indeed grow in grace and beauty, beloved by all who meet them" Celestia just stared at Maleficent. She did not flinch as Maleficent's green magic began to swirl around. She didn't even cry.

"That's a lovely gift" the Queen spoke.

"Don't do this" the King pleaded. Maleficent placed her index finger to her lips to silence him. She turned around and found a spinning wheel.

"But" she continued "before the sunsets on the her 16th birthday" she spoke pointing to Aurora "they will prick their fingers on the spindle of a spinning wheel and fall into a sleep like death, a sleep from which they will never awaken" Celestia was scared now. She'd never seen magic before and if this is what she was to expect from it she didn't want to see it again.

"Maleficent, please don't do this, I'm begging you" the King pleaded.

"I like you begging. Do it again" she motioned for him to get on his knees.

"I beg you"

"All right. The princesses can be woken from their death sleep, but only by true love's kiss. This curse will last till the end of time! No power on Earth can change it" the people screamed as her green magic blew throughout the castle. Maleficent walked away cackling. Queen Laila ran to her two daughters grabbing Aurora in her arms and grabbing Celestia's tiny hand in hers. Celestia had never seen her mother cry before. She couldn't understand why her mother was crying but she did know this. Whatever had just happened had scared her. And Celestia did not like the feeling of being scared.

King Stefan ordered his men to seize every spinning wheel in the kingdom. The wheels were broken and burned, that they might never be used, and thrown into the deepest dungeon in the castle. Secretly, he entrusted the safety of the children to the magic of the pixies, who would take them to a remote hideaway for 16 years and a day. Stefan shut himself behind the walls of his castle while his soldiers rode far and wide to hunt Maleficent down. But she made walls of her own, that the Moors might never again suffer the touch of any human. And she reveled in the sorrow that her curse had brought. The fairies began their charge to raise Aurora and Celestia in a snug little cottage in the woods.

"Oh, no! Is this it?" Flittle asked unimpressed and disgusted. "Looks dreadful"

"Come on" Knotgrass ordered.

"Oh, we need a smaller..." They carried Aurora almost dropping her "baby"

"Or bigger bodies"

"No, what we need is a proper disguise" they finally placed Aurora down. Celestia still in the carriage.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we have to blend in, don't we? We have to be big enough to look after these children. So, gather around, ladies. Get ready. One, two, three, grow!" The three little fairies grew into normal sized women. "Oh, that's worked quite well. That's very nice. Now, there will be no questions asked. We are no longer fairies. We are three peasant women raising our orphan children in the woods" Knotgrass went back to the carriage grabbed Celestia and held the little girl in her arms.

"Yes" Thistlewit and Flittle agreed.

"So, uh, no more flying"

"No flying?" Thistlewit asked.

"No, no, and no magic"

"No magic?" Thistlewit asked again.

"Yes, you heard"

"It's in the middle of nowhere" Flittle spoke about the home.

"At least no one will find us here" Thistlewit tried to make Flittle feel better as all three fairies entered the home leaving a crying Aurora outside. Celestia had remained in Knotgrass's arms. A crow placed himself on Aurora's basket, looked at her and then the door opened again. "There you are. Why are you always hiding? Come on. There you go" Thistlewit wit spoke picking up both Aurora's basket and taking them her inside. This was going to be a long 16 years and a day.