Chapter 13: Summoning the dead

We are riding trough mountains.

"What kind of an army would linger in such a place?" Gimli asks

"One that is cursed." Legolas answered, "Long ago, the Men of the Mountain swore an oath to the last King of Gondor, to come to his aid, to fight. But when the time came, when Gondor's need was dire, they fled, vanishing into the darkness of the mountain. And so Isildur cursed them, never to rest until they had fulfilled their pledge. Who shall call them from the great twilight? The forgotten people. The heir of him to whom the oath they swore. From the north shall he come. Need shall drive him. He shall pass the door to the Paths of the Dead."

We dismount, holding the horses by the reins. Aragorn has Andúril in his hand. I feel that the horses are nervous, and they should be. We slowly approach the opening. A blast of air comes out of the opening and Arod and Brego run away. I still have Thalion with me.

"Go to Gondor. I'll meet you their." I whisper in his ear and he gallops off.

"I do not fear death!" Aragorn says. And he walks in the opening. Legolas follows him, I follow Legolas.

"Well, this is a thing unheard-of. An Elf will go underground where a Dwarf dare not! Oh! Oh, I'd never hear the end of it!" I hear Gimli say and he come into the cave. We are running in the cave following Aragorn. I have no idea of where we are going but I trust Aragorn.

"What is it? What do you see?" Gimli asks

"I see shapes of men. And of horses." Legolas answers.

"Where?"

"Pale banners like shreds of cloud. Spears rise like winter-thickets through a shroud of mist. The Dead are following. They have been summoned."

"The Dead? Summoned? I knew that. Very good. Very good! Legolas!"

"Who enters my domain?" a creepy voice said and a green ghost appeared.

"One who will have your allegiance." Aragorn answers him.

"The Dead do not suffer the living to pass."

"You will suffer me." the creepy voice laugh and more ghost appear around us.

"The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead. And the Dead keep it. The way is shut. Now you must die." he ghost king said. The ghost just come closer and closer to us. It's getting very strange and creepy.

"I summon you to fulfill your oath." Aragorn says.

"None but the King of Gondor may command me." he says and Aragorn lifts up Andúril.

"That line was broken." the dead king states. 

"It has been remade." Aragorn addresses to the dead, "Fight for us, and regain your honor. What say you?" The mists begin to blow away and the ground begins to shake. The whole place begins to burst out with skulls everywhere.

"Out!" Aragorn yells at us. We run outside of the cave were there are no skulls.  Aragorn's face begins to sadden as he sees the black ships of the Corsairs on the river. He falls to his knees. Legolas puts his arm around him.

"We fight." the dead king says.

____________________________________________________________________________________

We are hiding in the ships headed for Gondor.

"We are approaching Gondor." Aragorn tells us.

"There's plenty for the three of us. May the best Dwarf win!" Gimli says. I look at Legolas.

"Here is something just before we head into battle." I say. I kiss him. He kisses me back.

Once we part, we hop down the ship. I take my sword out and we all start to charge at the orcs. The dead stream behind us, over the water, killing everything in their path.

"15, 16..." Legolas says whille shooting down orcs.

"17..." Gimli says, "...29..." Amateurs. I'm at 34.

"Legolas! Alexa!" Aragorn yells at us. I look up and see two oliphaunts heading towards us. I start to run and Legolas does the same. We each go to one and try to bring it down. I directly jump on it's trunk and climb up. Once I get to the top, I start to shot at the enemies.  45...46...47...49... I cut down the platform they were standing on, they all fall. That makes 57 now. I then go in the front and kill the person controlling the oliphaunt. Then I take out my bow and four arrows. I see Legolas sliding down from the trunk of the oliphaunt and land smoothly.

"That still only counts as one!" I hear Gimli yell mad.

I shot all four arrows into the oliphaunts skull and it dies instantly. I jump off, land perfectly on the ground and continue to fight.

****************************************************************************************************

"Frodo has passed beyond my sight. The darkness is deepening." Gandalf said.

"Frodo has passed beyond my sight. The darkness is deepening." Aragorn says.

"Ten thousand Orcs now stand between Frodo and Mount Doom. I've sent him to his death."

"Draw out Sauron's armies. Empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate."

"Sauron will suspect a trap. He will not take the bait."

"Oh, I think he will."