Chapter 6: Lothlorien

We arrived in the forest of Lothlorien. It was beautiful! Just as I remember it. I touch the trees that are so beautiful.

"Stay close young Hobbits! They say there's a great sorceress lives in these woods. An Elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell..." I heard Gimli say. I chuckle. "...and are never seen again." he continues, "Well, here's one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!"

Then out of no were Lorien elves are pointing their arrows at us. We all look alarmed.

"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." I see an elf says as he walks closer to Aragorn.

_____________________________________________________________________________

We were being held on this sort of platform, it was a bit dark.

"Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion. (Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil.)" the elf says to Legolas.

"Govannas vîn gwennen le, Haldir o Lórien. (Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien.)" Legolas answers. Haldir turns around and starts to talk to Aragorn.

"Aragorn in Dúnedain istannen le ammen. (Aragorn of the Dúnedain, you are known to us.)" Haldir said to Aragorn.

"Haldir" Aragorn says while bowing in respect.

"And Alexa, daughter of Orland and princess Mariland." he said while bowed to me, "It's an honor to see you again." I bowed back. He winked at me. I winked back.

"So much for the legendary courtesy of the Elves! Speak words we can all understand!" Gimli said angry.

"We have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the Dark Days." he answered back a bit disgusted.

"And do you know what this Dwarf says to that? Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!  (I spit upon your grave!)" Gimli said mad.

"That was not so courteous." Aragorn tells Gimli. Haldir walks up to Frodo and says

"You bring great evil with you." he turns around to us, "You can go no further."

Aragorn goes up and argue with Haldir in private for a few minutes. Then they came back.

"You will follow me." Haldir says. We all follow him. We walk up hills, down hills until we stop at the end of a cliff.

"Caras Galadhon. The heart of Elvendom on earth. Realm of the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of Light." Haldir said addressing to us.

We were all walking up the stairs around the trees. it was a long way up. Lothlorien was beautiful! We were going to meet Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel. We arrived at a platform were we waited for them. Then a light starts shining. I see two figures walking down the stairs towards us.

"The Enemy knows you have entered here." Lord Celeborn starts to say, "What hope you had in secrecy is now gone. Nine that are here yet Ten there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him. I can no longer see him from afar."

"Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land." Lady Galadriel whispers, "He has fallen into Shadow."

"He was taken by both Shadow and flame. A Balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria." Legolas says with sadness in his voice.

**********************************************************************************************

They gave us somewhere to rest. The hobbits lay down. Elves are signing.

"A lament for Gandalf." Legolas says. Merry looks at the trees where the signing can be heard.

"What do they say about him?" Merry asked him.

"I have not the heart to tell you. For me the grief is still too near."

"We should all get some sleep." I say to everyone.

The next morning,

We were all ready too leave. Lord Celeborn gives us all an Elven cloak.

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes." he told us.

"My gift for you, Legolas, is a bow of the Galadhrim. Worthy of the skill of our woodland kin." Galadriel tells Legolas. She then give Merry and Pippin daggers.

"These are the daggers of the Noldorin. They have already seen service in war. Do not fear, young Peregrin Took. You will find your courage." she gives Sam a bundle of rope.

"And for you, Samwise Gamgee, Elven rope made of hithlain."

"Thank you, my lady. Have you run out of those nice, shiny daggers?" Sam asked but doesn't get a response. Galadriel keeps going down until she reaches me.

"And for you Alexa, follow me." she starts to walk away. I follow her. We arrive at a room. She opens a box. In the box was beautiful necklace. The necklace was a small chain that had a small star that sparkled in the sunlight.

"It was your mother's." Galadriel told me, "She wanted you to have it."

I smiled a bit. I miss my mom. My parents (I should say).

"Thank you." I said while bowing down. I took the necklace put it on my neck and left to leave with the others.