Chapter 12

Some NSFW

The spies had brought back close to nothing. The only thing they had found was that the others were curious, they wondered where the Dread Wolf had went. Some had said good riddance. June was among those that said that, but he was clever, and he knew that Fen'Harel was not gone forever. Like most of the Evanuris, June was not afraid of one man, he was very prideful and would not show weakness to the Dread Wolf again. Mythal held up the charade as well, showing surprise at his disappearance even though she knew where he was.

Fen'Harel was satisfied with himself, he had successfully started a rebellion. More and more people filed in each day. Begging him to take them in, and he took every last one of them, children and all. The dirty, frail man that had came a few days before had finally returned with his people, and his griffons. The beasts had been overjoyed to see him, and he had welcomed them with open arms and whispered words to them in a language that Rihari couldn't understand. She could only understand pieces of what was said.

Then he had embraced the man with the white vallaslin of June on his face. The man had stood tall, but tears streaked through the dirt down his cheeks, leaving swaths through the grime. Rihari saw Fen'Harel whispering to the man as they embraced, and the man was nodding a definite yes to whatever he had been asked.

The Dread Wolf wiped their faces clean with a wave of his hand. Rihari could see the relief in each one's eyes, absolutely relieved to not be dedicated to any of the Gods anymore. After he had wiped their faces clean he told them that the Gods were not Gods at all, the same speech he had gave days earlier. The people whooped when they heard the news, obviously they had recieved a large injustice at the hands of so called Gods. News of their mortality brought on thoughts of revenge, thoughts of righting the wrongs that had been opposed on them and their children.

When the man, and the others passed by Rihari, she noticed a small spot of raised skin on the back left of their necks. A brand. She was repulsed by the thought. These people could not make homes in cities or anywhere else because they had a mark on their skin, showing they had wronged one of the Gods. The ultimate wrong.

He noticed that she was shaken and walked over. He said nothing, but pulled her into a hug. Once wrapped in his arms, her head against his chest, he kissed her on top of the head. "Those poor people." She whispered against his chest, the beat of his heart felt louder than her words, and for a moment she was afraid that he hadn't heard her.

"We will bring them a new life, vhenan."

She pulled back and he let her. She wanted to look into his eyes when he told her those things. "I hope we do."

"We will." His eyes held hers with intensity. He looked away a few seconds later. "I was blind to their troubles. I am to blame, we were all to blame." He turned his blue eyes on her again. "But not you, ma'arlath." Her heart sung a song everytime he showed his love for her. Especially in public, with so many eyes watching them. They were always surprised, or hid their eyes from embarrassment for he and her.

She believed him. She nodded her head to let him know so, she was grateful for the small breather. Unfortunately, it didn't last long enough. "Back to work, Rihari." He walked back to where he stood before the people had arrived. "Try the spell again."

She groaned playfully, pulling a small smile from him. The best kind of smile, the one that reminded her of home

...

"I'm too scared, Solas!" She was running circles around the small barn, he chased after her, trying to grab her

He laughed. "There's nothing to fear, Rihari!"

"Umm," She stopped a moment and motioned towards the big black griffon with white socks reaching up from its feet to its knee. "have you seen these guys? They're massive." As if to confirm her argument the griffon furrowed it's wings and snorted at her. She jumped away with a small scream. The griffon put its wings down and slung it's head around. Solas just laughed.