Chapter 11

Fen'Harel walked swiftly through the Crossroads until he came to the Eluvian that would lead to Mythal's Temple. He took a deep breath before stepping through the magical glass. The chain of events that had happened could not be taken back, and there was no where to go but forwards. The conversation with Rihari the night before confirmed that.

Abelas confronted him on the other side of the glass. "Fen'Harel." He nodded to him and Fen'Harel returned his greeting.

The beautiful pool of water that was the vir'abelasan, shimmered in the mid day light. The birds chirped happily in the trees surrounding the area. Many brightly colored flowers bloomed around the pool and some lazy butterflies floated on the breeze, being pulled to whichever bush the wind chose.

"Mythal?" Solas asked.

"The Great Protector will be here soon. She said she had a feeling you would come." Abelas stated.

"Why?"

"June." The word sent a jolt of fear and anger through Fen'Harel's body. His face turned red at the mention of the man's name, luckily Abelas, was in no place to question.

Mythal arrived promptly and dismissed her servant. As soon as he was out of earshot she turned grave. "What did you do?" She asked.

"I am uncertain what they speak of." Solas replied. A lie, a cautious lie, and she knew it, he could tell.

She shook her head. "Oh, Dread Wolf.. don't be coy."

He swallowed hard. "June came to my home last night." He looked at her to catch her full attention. "He called me a harellan, a traitor, a rebel. Mythal, there is no going back."

"I know." Mythal answered. "June came here to ask for the information you refused to give."

"Yes, but that is not why I came." He replied cautiously.

"No?" She smiled. "Then why have you come?"

"I wish to overthrow the self acclaimed Gods. To free the people from fear."

She smiled again, a knowing smile. "My, my. But you have attributed to that fear yourself, yes?"

He nodded. "Regrettably so."

She laughed dryly, then arched an eyebrow. "Where do I play into this?"

"I can not free them single handedly. I need help." His heart pounded. What if she denied him the help that he so desperately counted on.

She nodded slowly. "I can support you, old friend. I doubt many others will, however."

"We do not need more support. The people will support our cause." He stated. His fluttering heart calmed.

"You may be surprised how many will cling to their Gods for protection against the Dread Wolf." She said tentatively. He nodded in understanding.

"I must leave the temple." He said it softly, almost as a whisper.

"There is a place I know well." She whispered too, like children sharing a secret on the playground. "I will take you there, none will be able to reach you."

"Ma serannas, hahren." He replied softly, his mind was muddled in deep thought. There really was no going back.

"I must ask, is this about the girl?" Mythal asked.

He nodded. "Yes." It was always about the girl, he thought to himself.

....

"Gather everyone in the throne room." He told a servant as he passed. "I will be there shortly." He walked up the steps quickly and padded over to where he hoped Rihari would be, his chambers. He swung open the door and the sound roused her from sleep.