Chapter 6

Fen'Harel walked with purpose toward a temple in the Fade. It was well hidden, but he knew the way. He strode through the large wooden doors confidently, and walked through the empty altar room, elves no longer served here. He turned on his heel and entered the dining room through an archway to his right.

The elves there looked at him with welcoming eyes, yet said nothing. The Forgotten Ones. He swallowed hard as he walked over and sat in the nearest empty chair. The elders looked at him, waiting for him to speak.

"Greetings." He nodded to the Elders.

"What brings you here, Dread Wolf?" The man at the head of the table asked. He squinted his eyes as he took a bite of fresh bread.

"I have heard tales of a portal to another time." He stated. "I wonder if you may know of it?"

The man at the head of the table sat down his bread. He shook his head no, then looked to his comrades. The man to his right shook his head as well, as did the man seated beside him. The woman that sat on the left side of the head, nodded however.

"Aye, I have heard tales." She said.

"But do not know where it lies?" Solas asked.

"Yes.. and no." She took a deep breath. "It is not so easy to find. It can only be found by those who seek it in the right way."

Solas canted his head. "What does that mean exactly?"

"'Tis only a tale, Dreaded Wolf." The old woman said carefully. "I would not put much stock into the whispers of legend."

He wouldn't betray why he needed the information. It would bring them interest, and while he could walk here among the Forgotten Ones, and the Evanuris respectively, he did not wish to have the two intertwined, it would not end well. He was only welcome here because he was invited, because of his deceitful and cruel nature.

The Forgotten Ones stayed away from the Elves, hidden in a far corner of the Fade. They laughed at the misfortune of the elves. Often times, they caused the misfortune themselves. They were cruel, but useful for their knowledge. That is why Solas had accepted their invitation.

He thought carefully before speaking. "If one were to look for it.. where would they start?"

The old woman pursed her lips. "It is said the portal can be found in the Fade. It is through a ripple in the fabric of the world that one would travel through time. Though I am not certain where one would start precisely." Her voice turned grave "Be warned, Wolf, there is a price. There are considerations one should take before seeking it. One should be aware that to travel, there is a price of life. A being can not exist in both realms. Similarly, a being can not duplicate in one realm. For one to live, one must die."

Solas thought the journey here had been mostly fruitless. He had hoped they might have the information he needed, and all they had were tales. No, not even that. They had tales of tales, probably misinterpreted and mistold a thousand times. If they didn't know where it was or how to find it, who would?

"Thank you, hahren." He said to the woman with a nod. "I should go." He stood and the chair screamed across the wooden floor as he did. He internally winced at his nervous behavior. He shoved his anxiety from his mind, and bowed his head lightly "Dareth shiral."

"Dareth shiral, Fen'Harel." The man at the head of the table said. Then. "If you find what you search for.. please do share." The man smiled wickedly and Solas returned a small smile.

"Of course." He said as he exited the room, though he had no intention of doing so. Once outside the temple he concentrated on waking up, he pulled his focus towards his body, and could feel the warmth of body heat under his blanket. He could feel the sun on his face..