Chapt.23

Karlie Chapter.

The car hums softly as the two friends make their way slowly and carefully into the parking lot they got assigned to.

Carefully and with a lot of focus, Kendall makes her way throughout the groups of people around them as they search for a parking spot.

"Fucking move, I will hit you." She mumbles as she scotches forward in her drivers seat, lightly sticking her tongue out to focus as she peers around the parking lot.

"Put your tongue away, and no you won't." Karlie comments blankly as she looks up from her phone and puts a hand playfully over Kendall's mouth. To which he younger girl retorts by sticking her tongue into the palm of Karlie's hand. "Kenny gross! I actually hate you."

"You love me." Kendall giggles as she finally pulls into an open spot.

"I-I actually do." Karlie stammers out at the sudden realization. Instantly Kendall throws the car into park and practically catches whiplash as she looks Karlie's way. The older girl shrugs, "I do. You're my absolute best friend, and I don't think I've ever had a friend like you. I'm completely comfortable around you and although I've often failed, you make me want to be better. And you remind me that I actually can be better if I try. You're like my platonic soulmate, and I love you. Thank you for being you Kenny." She says strongly. The realization that Kendall means so much to her is amazing and so important. It feels great to find a friend like her and know the friendship is strong and everlasting.

Yet to her surprise, Kendall's head falls and she exits the car. Karlie's heart immediately begins to beat out of her chest. What the fuck did I just do?! She probably took that the wrong way and now she's going to think I'm weird or something and hate me. Fuck. Karlie thinks but she jumps when her passenger door is suddenly yanked open.

Within a second Kendall has practically jumped into Karlie's lap and the older girl is happy the car seat could probably register to be a space ship because they're so huge. Kendall wraps her friend in a monster hug and kisses her cheek over and over while smiling vastly.

"I love you, I love you, I love youuu!" She sings into Karlie's ear and cheek between the quick cheek pecks. Finally she gives up and their laughter combined rings around the air surrounding them. She kisses Karlie's cheek once more for good measure and whispers happily, "you're my best friend. And I love you forever."

Karlie smiles as Kendall now helps her out of the car. The younger girl locks up the car and loosely takes Karlie's hand into hers as they are finally ready to join the festival around them.

Every year in the town is a huge music festival. There's a huge stage downtown that musical guest show up and perform all day and headliners show up at night. There's amazing food all around and events you could do. Like games and contests set up in booths. And also merchandise booths, gift shops, local art and pretty much anything that people sell for a side job.

Basically an outdoor etsy when it comes to the crafts being sold.

Karlie and Taylor went once a few years ago and although Taylor is pretty musical she actually didn't like it. But Karlie felt neutral towards it. And tonight was especially important. Kendall didn't know it but one of her favorite artists would be performing and once Karlie heard that from a regular at her bar, she knew she had to score tickets, and they weren't cheap.

Neither is Karlie, and Kendall completely deserved it.

The younger girl swings their hands back and forth as they walk into the park area where the festival is held. Luckily the night is actually clear this evening.

They were going to have so much fun.

"God, I'm seriously so excited for this." Kendall boasts happily as they blend in with the young crowd surrounding them and make their way onto the festival grounds.