Chapt. 14

"Why do you have so many heavy boxes."

Austin groans as he puts another box into the back of the truck. When he finishes he winces, and rubs his arms.

"You're just a baby Austin, those are only full of paperwork." Taylor laughs as she too brings a box over, setting it in the truck and shaking her head. They joke and pick at each other for a few minutes as Taylor readjusts the boxes in the truck. She closes the tailgate and turns, leaning against it and folding her arms. Austin following her move.

The siblings are silent for a moment as they take in the situation. Austin was quick to agree to help Taylor move, and hasn't asked any questions yet. And Taylor was wondering now if he even would. She was sure her parents were at least curious as to why Taylor would be moving out. And she's barley told them about her time and talks with Karlie. She wants to figure that one out alone.

Austin shifts his feet, kicking some loose gravel as he slightly turns and looks back at the townhouse. Looking down quickly, he clears his throat, causing Taylor to look at him.

"I uh, I guess I should be asking what's going on?" He ponders carefully.

Taylor shrugs, "You don't have to. But nothing too serious. I think I did this all backwards, I need to figure myself out." Taylor answers simply, and pretty vaguely. Although she's kind of thankful he was asking she's more thankful that he's not pushing anything. And she knows that he won't ask for details.

"She seems sad." He comments smoothly and makes another gesture back towards the house, one only Taylor sees.

When she notices where he's pointing she turns to look, seeing exactly what he's referring to. Dianna catches her eye, offering no emotion, before closing the front door. Somehow Taylor only feels relaxed. Like her closing that door was a metaphor for what's about to happen. Maybe not only with them either, but with her life in general. Now that she has Karlie around and is moving out, finally taking the next steps to also correct her depression and anxiety.

When one door closes, another is willed to open.

"Di hasn't talked to me about it. I told her a few days back that I needed to move out, for myself. She uh, she didn't take it as anything though. She looked at me semi blankly and nodded, then got up from the table." Taylor explains.

Austin nods, "I see.. Isn't work weird?" He asks lightly and for whatever reason it's just the simplicity Taylor needs right now. And she smiles, truly thankful to have him here with her.

Taylor just lets out a chuckle and that's enough agreement Austin needs. He understands his sister completely. Although they have a pretty sarcastic and typical sibling relationship, it was one of light and laughter. She realizes constantly that Austin is the happy relief she can always rely on. Nothing between them is ever sad or daunting, and if it's serious, it's easily returned to light and fluffy.

"Thank you for coming and helping me." Taylor says seriously as she lays a hand on her forehead. "Things have been just.."

"Crazy lately? I get it Taylor, you don't need to explain. And hey, on a serious note I'm sorry for giving you two crap when you brought Dianna to see mom and dad. I didn't mean to be an ass it's just," Austin begins but Taylor noticeably shakes her head in disagreement.

"Please don't. It's just that she's not Karlie. And I understand how weird that must've been. Because honestly, you're right.. She's just not Karlie. No one ever is or would be." Taylor states, she doesn't want Austin to feel bad over something he couldn't control.

"Start up the truck? I'm probably going to head in and attempt to say something." Taylor laughs as she hands Austin the keys. She notices him jump right in as she now stands in front of Dianna's door, taking a deep breath, she's worried for what's about to happen.