After another good hour we were dismissed to our rooms to begin getting ready, I didn't understand why but there laid out on the bed of my room was a dress. A sleek black dress, it was a little above the knees and very beautiful. But I could not wear it, I had to hide it and go down there with the dress pants and suit jacket I had packed, that was better for me.

Grabbing the fabric of the dress I picked it up and began to look around the room for a place to hide it, I couldn't wear this, I couldn't be noticed by a male. I could not risk being chosen.

Just as I was about to shove the dress under the bed my door opened and in walked none other than Ara.

"ohh I see you got your dress!" She laughs, she walked in with confidence showing off her dress she had on, a a royal blue dress, the same length as mine, but  where as mine had a sheer second layer over it falling slightly lower, hers was all one length. She looked beautiful, her tanned skin making her glow, her hair was pulled to one side and it showed off her elegant neck. "They set out a dress for everyone, they want the guys to have a good look at what they can have." She laughed out, I could tell she despised the idea as much as I did.

" well put it on and we can head down," she shifted on her feet a bit as she looked me over, I could tell she wanted to say more but something was stopping her.

Changing quickly I put the beautiful dress on and let my hair fall loosely on my shoulders in its natural light curls. Looking into the mirror I dreaded going to the ball room. I didn't want any attention from any male, not even the king could get me to change my mind.  Sighing I walked over to Ara as she opened the door and signalled me to walk out first.

"Do you think I'll be chosen.." I quietly ask as we walked down the long hall towards the stair casing. I looked over at her to see her biting her lip, her  eyes soon turned to meet my own.

"You never know.." She quickly answered back, as of she didn't want to discuss such things, letting it go I take hold of the stair railing and stair to descend them slowly. The sounds of chatter and giggles was filling the space around me. The mixing smells of different wolves and their hormones wafted in the air around me. Just as were about to step foot onto the ballroom floor a voice called out through the crowd to Ara, a man around our age or maybe slightly older rushed over.

"Can I speak to you.." The man was very handsome I could feel some power and nobility coming off of him, I didn't make eye contact with the male as he sent his own eyes all over me, taking me in, before turning back to Ara and nodding his head in another direction.

"I'm so sorry Ella, please excuse me." Ara spoke softly towards me as she gave me a soft smile before following the male to where he wished to speak to her.  Sighing I looked around, all the girls were looking their best, and most were flirting with the higher ranking males. I continued to walk around, taking in my surroundings. I moved my eyes over the crowd in the ballroom, when they came across a pair of green eyes. I locked gazes with him before realization hit me once again, just like when I was a child. I quickly moved my gaze to else where, and elsewhere being the flock of females draped over him. Of course the same she wolf who started the ruckus on the bus was at the front of them, hand grasping around his arm, keeping him locked in tight to her grasp.

I could still feel his gaze burning into my skin, it was hot and almost demanding, I was sure that everyone could feel his power weighing down on the room. Turning to head into another direction I take one last glance back, but he was no longer in the arms of the she wolf, as she stood, arms crossed at her chest and glare set into another direction. Anyone could tell she wasn't happy that her prized possession took off. 

Elder Gracie made his way through the room to a set of doors, and stood at a podium, "now that everyone has time to socialize it's time to start the ceremony. Could all the females please enter the next room." And with his words the doors opened and all the she wolves started to make their way into the room. I followed but I kept my eyes out looking for Ara.

"Name?" I was pulled out of my search as a man spoke to me, he must have been a servant as he waited for my answer.

"Ella Marie."

The man shifted, and let out a sigh as if I had taken up too much of his time and then spoke. "Row four, spot six." Before he moved on to the next she wolf.

Moving forwards I see the rows of girls and quickly find my spot to stand. The spot beside me was still empty, but the side to my right was taken up by the small girl that I took the slap for on the bus. Sending a small smile her way I greeted her.

"Are you scared.." Her quiet voice spoke out, her question shocking me, "I'm scared. I had five men after me in the social.."

"It will be okay, and yes I am scared too, I'm sure most of the girls here are." I quietly spoke to her and she gave me a shy smile. She was about to say something else when someone interrupted her.

"Of course I'd end up next to you." The disgusting voice of that she wolf filled my ears, there standing with her hands on her hips and looking smug. I really couldn't stand girls like her, I felt bad for the small girl next to me.  "Oh well, not like I'll be here long." She spoke as she moved into place beside me to the left.  I hope she was right, I couldn't stand another second beside her.

My eyes roamed the room looking for a trace of Ara but there was none, I started to worry, after all she was kind to me and we got along fairly well, I wouldn't like to see her hurt. My search soon came to and end as a howl let out over the crowd of she wolves. Grabbing they're attention to the front of the room. There standing at the entrance way was the male who I last seen with Ara, he had his head held stiff and high, as he then motioned towards the door and that's when he entered, the alpha King. I heard a few gasps, and mummers in the crowd.

"Hmp. Told you I wouldn't be here long." Turning to look at my left I raised an eyebrow to the she wolf, she smirked and said "well he never entered the room before, so he's coming to me his chosen."

Rolling my eyes, I heard the slight quiet of the murmurs and the slight gasp from the smaller she wolf to my right, I was about to turn to look at her when my eyes stopped.  My whole body stopped, that's when I felt it, his hand was warm as he lightly griped my chin. Green eyes penetrating into my vision, then I heard his voice speak out.

" I have my chosen. Ella Marie." It spoke loudly and the power boomed out with it, the dominance he had over me and every other wolf on the surrounding area was impressive. I could feel my own wolf stir with in me, she was uncomfortable under this about of pressure weighing down on us.  "Come." And with that one word it was like reality set in, my world stopped. His hand left my chin and as he walked I followed, numbly followed.

My mother had been right to worry, how could I have been so naïve to think this wouldn't happen. I would have been chosen, I realize now, most of the girls to be chosen would be the ones that had less males around her, who didn't try and flaunt her body and arousal, for the quiet ones are the pure ones, I prepared my self all wrong. And now I would be the chosen mate of the alpha King.