Chapter 5: Present Day

I was looking through some of my old writing projects and in the sea of unused ideas I found a half finished staller chap. So here ya go.

I may be able to work a flashback chapter in after this, but after that there won't be anything (probably till the House of Hades comes out)

Sorry

And i changed the cover (again). Whatcha think?

Luv you alllll,

Lexi

•[•]•[•]•[•]•

PRESENT DAY

"You want to leave?!" Reyna exclaims.

"Not forever!"

"What just until the war is over?! You can't run away from your fears Lynn!"

This conversation is making me guiltier by the second.

"I'm not. I'll be back by the time the war starts. I'll meet you at the base we're setting up in New York! I just want to... think. I want to see my sister in Chicago. She can help me!" I plead. Reyna sighs.

"Your timing sucks Lynn. Epically sucks."

"I know." I sigh.

"Fine. You have two weeks. Be at the base in two weeks or you are history." She warns, handing me a slip of leave.

Thank the gods. It was easier than I expected it to be. Reyna must be worried about me.

The again, who wouldn't be worried about me at this point?

"Just do me a favour Lynn. Stay a few more days, will you?" Reyna asks, running her hand through her long brown hair.

"Okay. I'll leave the day after tomorrow." I agree, pocketing the slip.

•*•*•

Later that night in the dining hall, Jack is sitting with a new boy. He looks about 13 or 14, pretty young.

"Dude, I'm telling you, don't." Jack warns the new kid. He's whispering, but I can hear every word clearly.

"Why not?" The new boy asks, glancing over at me, almost greedily, "She's hot and single." He continues. I continue to eat my dinner as if I can't hear their conversation.

"Dude, she'll skewer you! She has a magic sword she saves for monsters and annoying guys!" Jack says, getting exasperated. The boy scoffs.

"Yeah right. She's not actually going to use it on me."

Jack shakes his head.

"Yes she will. Believe me. She broke a guy's arm last week."

"Dude I'm going for it. YOLO, am I right?" He says, a crazy grin on his face. I snort into my spaghetti. This kid doesn't know anything.

"Actually YOLO is kinda debatable since you live everyday... what're you doing?!" He asks urgently as the kid gets up from his seat. He walks over to me.

"Hey." He says conversationally. I glance at him. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. I doubt a girl has ever said no to him in his life. I think that's about to change.

"Whaddya' want kid?" I ask, eager to get this over with. He sits down.

"My name's Brady." He continues.

"Good for you." I say sarcastically.

"So I was thinking..." he starts.

"Were you? That's a surprise." I say snidely.

"You seem pretty good. Maybe we should hang out sometime." He finishes, flashing a really white smile.

I pretend to consider it for a second, before saying,

"No." Simply.

His face freezes in the grinning expression.

"Why not?"

"I dunno. Maybe because you asked me out for my looks, instead of getting to know me first. Maybe for the fact that you seem pretty dumb for disregarding Jacks warning, (which by the way, was a good one, I broke Kirans arm last week). Maybe because you just get on my nerves." I say, casually finishing my pasta.

His smile turns to an angry glare.

"You'll regret that." He says through gritted teeth.

I raise an eyebrow.

"I think you'll find you'll be the one regretting things around here. Because here, nobody gives a damn if you were a 'ladies man' in elementary. Nobody cares if you have blonde hair or blue eyes. People care if you can fight. And people respect you if you survive." With that, I swing my legs over the table bench and walk to my cohorts table. I didn't realise the whole cafeteria had gone silent until now. I don't care. Anger is burning in my stomach. I squeeze my eyes shut.

Mark would never do that. Mark got to know me first. He didn't judge based on looks.

I really need to stop comparing every boy I meet to Mark.

But I can't help it. Mark was the perfect guy, at least for me. And now-

Stop it. Stop thinking about him.

There's no point staying in the mess hall any longer. I might as well go pack. I have to leave in a few days.

•{•}•{•}•

Ik that was lousy but it was a staller.

Comment/Fan/vote? Please?

Love you all

Lexi