Chapter Three: Present Day

A/N 

Hey. It's present day again, and, as promised Lynn and Octavian are arguing. Thats next present day chapter. Some very important hints in this chapter too, so pay attention. See if you can figure out what she did before I say it.  

Yeah, so no update this weekend after this because I have finals next week, a monologue to memorise for Monday (which also happens to be my 13th birthday) and a Spanish oral on Wednesday.  

Also if u like my stuff i have three other fanfics. I don't really like two of them, but I think Show Me the Stars is good, and it's Doctor Who Percy Jackson crossover which is pretty uncommon. My friends are also epic writers, so be sure to check out @_DaughterOfGallifrey, @phoenix59342, @NishiCupcake. These guys are my besties (along with @_girlwhowaited and @clarebeartardis and @crazyselmikins) 

Also @lozzanator is really truly an amazing writer, along with being a friend of mine, so check out her percabeth fanfic. Also shout outs to my lovely fans, 

@iheartpinecone and @xwandererx 

Ok that's all for all my friends and shout outs. Sorry that was so long. But I owe all my friends a lot. And if you're reading this, i love u!!! 

•*•*•*•*• 

PRESENT DAY  

"LYNN! For the last time, get out of your room!" Sophie yells, banging on the locked door.  

"Go away!" I moan into my pillow.  

"I'm going to pick the lock!" She warns. I groan, knowing it's no use anymore, and unlock the door. Sophie invented a lock-picking devise a while ago, and we have yet to find a door it won't work on. She walks in, sits down on my bed, and says in a no-nonsense voice, 

"Spill. What happened at the meeting?"  

I groan. "Octavian. Octavian's what happened Soph."  

She gives a "go on," gesture.  

"We're starting a war on the Greeks."  

"Oh no. Lynn-" she starts.  

"They don't get it! Why don't they understand?!" I moan, punching my pillow.  

"Lynn," she says calmly, "I know this is bad. But you'll make it. It'll be okay."  

"No, it won't. How many other people's lives are going to be ruined?!"  

Sophie simply sighs. We've had this conversation a lot.  

"Lynn. Re-lax. Go sword fight. It always calms you down." She suggests.  

"Fine." I mutter, grabbing my hair clip and stalking out the door. I feel bad for snapping at Sophie, but she's gotten used to my snarky attitude by now.  

I pull my dark, purple-highlighted hair into a high ponytail, and pull out my hairpin. I apply a bit more pressure than necessary to the end, and my sword appears in my hand. I stomp into the arena.  

Now, the problem with sparring at camp is that once you get good, people get a bit scared to fight you. Now, combine that with a bad track record of injures and a bad mood, and I may as well be infected with the plague.  

Since I was practically shooting fire out of my ears, I was stuck attacking the straw dummies. I sliced the head off one, stabbed another in the stomach, and whirled and hit the other so hard in the arm, it cut it clean off, my sword cutting the stomach in half. I realise the arena has gone quiet, and everyone is staring at me. I turn to see none other than Octavian standing in the centre of the arena. My eyes narrow, and I flip the cap of the bottom of my sword and press the red button. It turns back into a clip.  

"What do you want?" I practically snarl, walking toward him. He raises his eyebrow.  

"Thought you might want to spar." He says lightly.  

"So you're going to stop playing with you oso de peluche and fight?" I taunt, using the Spanish word for teddybear. It's his turn for his eyes to narrow. He raises his sword.  

"Gladly." I expand my sword once again and walk to the sparring circle. Octavian follows. People are watching us like you might watch a tennis match, their heads moving back and forth. I dunno what he's trying to do. Everyone knows I well out match him in swordplay.  

"3-2-1!" The ref yells and we begin. I get a few good swipes at him before he can even take a jab. I press harder, and he is forced to go totally defensive.  

"So," I say quietly, jabbing at his stomach as I speak, "What do you really want from me?" He jumps back to avoid my jab.  

"Co-operation." He says. I snort and fake an attack to his right, before driving to his left.  

"Like that's going to happen."  

He shrugs, while jumping back again. He's at the edge of the circle, his foot almost over the line.  

"I figured I'd offer before we to into... less honourable tactics." Octavian says smoothly. He takes a jab, but it's so feeble that I easily disarm him. We walk back to the centre for round two and take our stances.  

"Like what?" I ask, as if we had never been interrupted.  

"You have too much influence Lynn." He blocks a side swipe.  

"What's your point?" He jabs at my feet, but I jump forward and hit him with the flat of my blade in the chest.  

"You could stop the war, if you tried. And we can't have that." Octavian swings at my head, but I duck and jab at his chest.  

"We? Or you?" His stance has twisted, his feet pointing inward. I kick him in the chest and he falls over. We walk to the centre of the circle for the last round.  

"Either way, I'm sure we wouldn't want anyone to know about that deal you made last time." He says casually, taking a good jab. My blood turns to ice. How could he possibly know about that?!  

"Dunno what your talking about." I put on my best poker-face, and easily block his attack. He smiles evilly.  

"The one you made at the last Titan War. A second chance in exchange for-" he doesn't get to finish his statement. I take about five swipes in a row and a kick to the stomach, and Octavian falls out of the circle.  

"Touchy subject apparently." He says snidely. I put my sword away and walk out of the arena. He follows.  

"What do you want me to do?" I say, whirling on him. He smiles, satisfied.  

"I would say help me support this war, but that'll never do for you. You'd never make it. So I want you to leave."  

The words hit me like a blow to the stomach.  

"Leave?! You mean leave camp?!" I ask incredulously.  

"Yes."  

"You're insane! You can't just leave!" I splutter. He shrugs.  

"Not my problem."  

I weigh my options: 

A- leave the only real home I've ever had 

B- help support a war that will get hundreds killed 

C- let Octavian tell everyone my secret, and probably get kicked out of camp in shame, be disowned by the gods and dishonoured beyond belief.  

B and C are out of the question. Which leaves me with A.  

I have to leave Camp Jupiter 

•%•%•% 

Hehehehehe. Octavian is so wonderfully evil. Gotta love him. Ok like i said no update for a while. Next two chapters will probably be (for lack of better word) flashbacks, because i haven't exactly straightened out what's happening now.  

<3