10 | practically

« this is for zia; a wondrous and mystical poet herself. »

« 10 | practically »

"Zach?"

"Oh, it's you. Hey, beauty."

"Are you alright?"

"Why would I not be alright?"

"I have my reasons. A: you didn't call me at your usual time today and B: you don't sound normal. You sound sad. Is everything alright for real?"

"Yeah. I'm just visiting a grave as usual."

"As usual? Grave? Graveyard? Zach, why are you at a grave?"

"I'm visiting my dead ex-girlfriend's grave."

"Oh my god."

"There's nothing to gasp about, beauty."

"What happened to her?"

"Well, she died. She had already broken up with me three months before her death."

"Medical Illness?"

"You could say that. Is depression a medical illness? If yes, then yeah, medical illness it is then. Depression drove her to craziness and people believe she suicided."

"People believe?"

"We don't know in reality. We just found her body in the bath tub. That's the only conclusion everyone could come up with."

"You still care for her."

"Cared. It's in the past. I just come here every Sunday to give my respects. She had no one but her friends and sister. That was her family. They were her family."

"Why did she break up with you? You would have kept her happy. I know you would."

"I would never know that. She never responded to my calls after that day. God, that day."

"Zach, what happened that day?"

"I took her to the fair here and had finally mustered up the courage to propose her. Noelle was my life and God, she was a beauty. Weeks and weeks together, I had planned everything; went searching for the perfect ring. It was supposed to be perfect. We were mad in love and we were in it together. Or at least, I thought we were in it together."

"I proposed. Nothing in the extraordinaire. A simple down on the knees proposal."

"That sounds sweet. How old were you even to propose a girl?"

"I was seventeen and crazy in love. Don't judge the lovesick puppy."

"She said yes, right?"

"That was the twist I never expected. She rejected me. In fact, she didn't even do that. She ran away from me like I possessed some archaic demon. There ended our relationship. I really liked her."

"I'm sorry, Zach."

"And so was every single person who had no option but to listen to my pitiful story."

"It's not pitiful. If there is something I've learnt from you, it's to look for the best in tomorrow. You did that. Yes, maybe after months of mourning nevertheless, you did move on. You taught me there's going to always be a somebody to look for in tomorrow. And you did exactly that."

"Thank you for that, beauty."

"If it wasn't for my accidental call to you, I wouldn't even be here today. Okay, I would have but definitely not alive."

"You're making me blush here, beauty."

"I know. It's a skill; a talent. How else did you think I wooed all those men?"

"Gah, don't make me imagine."

"Very funny."

"I'm a pro at making jokes."

"My arse makes better jokes than you."

"You used a profanity. Ah!"

"Grow up, Zach."

"Peter Pan taught me that growing up isn't nice."

"Peter Pan was the evil character in Once Upon A Time, Zach."

"SHUT UP! How dare you?"

"Yeah. I'm Wonder Woman, the most badass woman in the world. What do you except?"

"Politeness."

"I wasn't expecting an answer, though."

"And that is why you love me."

"Shut up. You make my ears bleed."

"You loooooove meeee, beauty. You love this hottie."

"Hottie is Zach Efron. Not Zach Tussel."

"You wound me, babe. You wound me."

"Wait, are you still at the graveyard?"

"Uhm, yeah."

"You're flirting amongst dead spirits. Now, that is creepily gross."

"Only you, beauty; only you would think like that."

"Eh, I'm good. Now, please for the love of Almighty God, call me once when you come back. Not in a graveyard."

"You called me. I didn't."

"Shut up. Stop the blame game, kid."

"Says the kid herself."

"Argh, bye."

"Bye, beauty. I'm sending kisses your way."

"Gross. Grow up, Zach."

"Haha."