"A lot," was the man's curt response. "Very well, then. I've heard the tavern over there has great burgers." To my dismay, he pointed to the very building William was standing in front of, and I grew cold. There was no way I'd be able to make it past him. He knew me since I was a baby, and I greeted him every morning and every night, and anywhere in between, every day since.

"Thank you, sir," Harry nodded politely, taking off toward the tavern. My breathing picked up.

"I'm not feeling very well, Harry. Could you get the burgers to go?" I requested.

"My God, Essie, you look pale as a ghost," he stated as he looked at me. He let go of the reigns, putting his hand on my forehead, apparently testing my temperature. "I'll go get something for you. Maybe they have soup. I'll be right back."

He began to exit the carriage, before I stopped him.

"Wait, Harry. You need money," I stated, digging through my sack and handing him twenty dollars. I didn't know how expensive they'd be, but I hoped that'd be enough.

"Thank you," he stated, before taking off into the building. I sighed in relief, drumming my fingers against the seat and hoping that William wouldn't look in this direction. I was very much visible inside of the carriage, so I decided to take it upon myself to get into the back. Harry would just think of it as me feeling ill, so I knew it wouldn't raise any suspicion with him.

I covered myself up with the blanket, head resting on the pillow, as I waited for Harry's return. I wasn't exactly in the mood for soup, knowing it wouldn't fill me as well as a burger would, but I knew I had to play the part of being ill if I wanted to be convincing.

Moments later, Harry returned, carrying take out containers and two styrofoam cups.

"Shit," Harry cursed, and I wondered what he was saying that for, before I heard him sigh in relief. "Fuck, Essie, I thought somebody took you."

I shook my head, "Who's going to be stupid enough to kidnap me with all of these guards around?"

"You're right, but shit. I about had a heart attack. You're not feeling any better, I take it?"

"No, I just feel really light headed. I thought I was going to faint, so I came back here."

"You're probably hungry. They didn't have any type of soup, apart from tomato, which I didn't think you'd be a fan of, so I just got you a burger. Oh, and some tea." He handed me the cartons, before joining me in the back. I sat up, folding my legs and Harry copied me, and he began opening the containers.

"Here you are," he handed me mine, along with the tea, "Be careful, the tea is probably hot."

I nodded, taking a small sip, and although it burnt my tongue, it was quite good. "Thank you."

"Yeah, sure," he answered, and we both dug into our burgers.

"Heavens, I didn't realize how hungry I was," I mumbled, trying not to spew out bits of the burger I was currently eating. Harry must have found this amusing, as he chuckled.

"I really don't know anybody with your type of vocabulary, Essie. Heavens," he mocked me gently, and I cracked a smile, because listening to the way Harry talked, I knew that the way I spoke definitely wasn't normal.

"My apologies, Harry, for not cursing after every other word."

"But it's fucking great to fucking curse, Essie," he grinned, taking a sip of his drink. I briefly wondered what he got, before drinking a bit of my tea. It had cooled down, but was still very hot.

"Sounds really great, as well," I smiled, taking another bite.

"Have you sworn since I met you?" He looked up in concentration, trying to remember whether or not I had. I shook my head, having only cursed once in my life, and that wasn't around Harry.