Two

Two

"What is he doing here?" I silently hissed at myself and turn my attention back to Annette and Tristan. The sudden panic in my eyes alarmed them.

"Are you alright?" Annette asked worriedly. I stared at her for a moment. She knew about him, that first year in college where we first met, I was still hang up on him, so I talked about him then. But, that was eight years ago. A year after that, in my second year, I was over him and started dating again, or so I thought.

"He's here..." I said, my voice almost a whisper, and it slightly quivered in the end. I turned to look at my brother, staring at him with panic in my eyes. He knew about him more than Annette. I mean, he is my older brother; and, he witnessed everything with his own eyes. He knows me well enough to know who I was referring too.

As Tristan glance up behind me, scanning the area, I watched as realization flashed in his eyes when he finally saw him. "Oh..." he said silently.

Then, Annette followed his actions and after a few seconds, her lips slowly turn up into a smirk. And as she looked at me again - and at the moment, I was sliding low in my seat, trying to be invisible - her eyes gleamed with amusement. "This is an interesting revelation..." she stated and winked at me.

This is bad. This is really bad. I can't have this now; I was going to be engage for Christ sake. I'm in love with someone else. But, why was I feeling flustered at the moment? He shouldn't have this effect on me at all, after eight years of not seeing and talking to each other. This is madness.

"I've got to go..." I said, my voice sounded rush, as I grabbed my things, leaving money for my food in the table.

"Wait. Don't go... he's by the door at the moment..." Annette said, grabbing my arm as she glance behind me.

I slowly sat back down on my chair, taking huge breaths to settle myself down. "Is he gone now?" I asked after a few second.

"Uhm... Okay, go." Annette replied, letting my arm go.

I got up and said my goodbyes, trying to keep my head down and make myself invisible to my surrounding. As I continued to walked towards the exit, my head still down, I didn't notice someone walking towards me. We collided lightly, yet the person put an arm around my waist since I staggered backwards. I looked up and was ready to say sorry when our eyes meet.

"Allison?" he asked, shock and unsure of himself.

I wanted to curse and shout at my brother and my best friend right then and there, but under these circumstances, I don't want to make a fool out of myself. "Logan..." I said, more of recognition than a question, which I didn't plan on sounding. Now, I wanted to slap myself.

"Wha..." he started but paused to clear his throat as he let go of his arm around my waist. "It's been long. How are you?" he asked, looking calm, cool and collected, like I once knew him.

"I've been fine. How are you?" I asked, putting on my serious, business face. I don't want to look affected and vulnerable in front of him. For all he knew, I was the woman who ran away at the sight of a serious commitment.

"Do you work around here?" he asked, his eyes glistened slightly. For a moment, I didn't realize I was staring at his eyes until someone interrupted us.

"Logan. What a pleasure to see you here? I though you're up west coast these days... what brought you to the east?"Tristan asked, snapping me out of my stance, pulling me back to reality. I took a few steps back from Logan, just realizing what little distance we had.