Chapter 6 : I Love the Way You Lie

It's Saturday, the day Johnny and I prepared the most. We are on our way to Shanghai, and it's 7 in the morning.

After that incident on Monday, we had our little "get to know each other" chat during our lunch "dates".

We talked about our selves, our family, how we've met, how long are we dating, how one of us propose, when will be our engagement and how will we end this lie.

We decided to stick to the truth somehow. Like, how we've met in the coffee shop but me not knowing that he works in my company. Him proposing by having a date night at the carnival and putting a ring in a cake while we were doing our picnic. Yes, night picnic. I don't know what goes on his mind about that, he solely thought about it and keeps on saying that he's more "masculine" so he will decide. I just let him cause we are out of time. We never decide on our "engagement" date because we know it will never happen. We will end it after a two weeks, saying things didn't work out fine. I hope they'll bite that.

"We're here," the driver I hired said, cutting my thoughts.

"Are you ready?" I asked Johnny,

"I am nervous, but I can pull it off. You, are you ready?" He asked back

"Actually, no, but we have to do it so we can end it as soon as possible, let's go," I said and go out of the car. So did he.

In front of our gate, there stood my mom and my granny. Together with my favorite auntie and cousin. I rushed to them and hugged them. Telling each other how I missed them.

"We missed you too, sweetie," my grandma said,

"I liked to pinch you for keeping a secret to me. I hate you cous'," my cousin, Barbie said. Pouting her lips and starts acting like a child.

"Don't pinch me. My boyfriend will not like it," I said laughing

"Oh, there's your boyfriend. Handsome, I must say," Auntie Elise said.

I forgot Johnny for a bit. I looked at his direction and there he was. Standing at the car hood. Looking at us, smiling. I waved my hand and told him to come. He unloads our stuff and made his way to us. Greeting everyone with a smile.

"Granny, Auntie, Barbie, meet my boyfriend, Johnny," I said

"Nice to meet you," he replied which causes my cousin to shriek.

"Let's go inside. Some of our relatives are there. I prepared breakfast since I knew you'll arrive early," my mom said.

When we open the door, all eyes were on us... and I don't like it. I even glanced at Johnny who hesitates for a second to come.

"Oh, everyone's here. Nice to see you all," I lied.

"The news reached us that you're about to be engaged. To a GUY! Seriously, Timmy? Are you nuts?" My uncle Mark.

"Yes, I'm about ot be engaged. No, I am not nuts. I love him, uncle. So please? It's too early for this kind of conversation," I sassed.

"Stop that, Mark. Respect our visitor. Johnny, meet our relatives," Granny said.

Johnny gave a smile to everyone, but as rude as they are, they left the room and went to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry for that. I already told you that they're rude, but you insists," I said

"Yeah. You've got a nice house here. Way too big for you and your mom," he said

"Yeah. That's why she wants me to marry," We walked slowly until we reach the dining room.

We sat next to each other and my relatives starts asking rude questions and remarks.

"So, what company did you own?" Auntie Sahara asked

"I have no company. I worked at Timmy's company as a manager," he said

"Do you have a mansion? A resthouse?" Diana asked

"I'm sorry but I have none," he replied

"Can you please stop that? He can't eat well. Stop asking that questions cause it never matters to me," I intervene

"Why so defensive? We're just asking," Mario said

"C'mon Johnny. I've lost my appetite. I'll show you our room," I stand up, but he hold my hand and he faced everyone.

"I may not be rich as all of you, but I can tell you that my intention is clear, I am not a scum. Just because you have money to spend on anything doesn't mean that you are a better person. I am sorry if I am not the person you're all expectig. Timmy, let's go. We need some rest," he ended his speech.

Everyone in the table shut their mouth. We made our way out of the dining room and head straight to the second floor, on my room.

"I'm so sorry about that," I apologized

"Nah. Don't be. I feel bad but I just want to protect my ego. How could you have such relatives?" He asked wondering.

"Don't ask me. They changed because of money," I replied sadly

"What a big room you have. So where will I sleep?" He asked

"In the bed. You're a guest so you can have that. I'll just take the couch," I replied

"No. How about, we share this bed? It's too big for one person," he suggests

"Okay. Go take some rest, I'll go down to help my mom," I said

========================================================

"I'm sorry for that bad greeting," my granny apologized

"It's alright, granny. It's not you, I just wondered if they really cared," me talking about my relatives.

"They cared, sweetie. Maybe they just don't know how to accept you're about to be engaged in a guy," she said

"Love knows no boundaries. You taught me that," I replied smiling.

"I know, sweetie. That's why I am proud of you," she smiled.

"I want to bake a cake for Johnny, do we have some flour?" I asked

"Yes, sweetie. Will you bring Johnny's lunch upstairs?" She asked

"Yeah, I guess. I can't let him face them with that attitude,"

"Go bake your cake, I'll cook our dish. It feels good sharing the kitchen with you,"

"Got my baking skills from you, granny, you should be proud," I smirk

My mom came along when I am preparing the flour,

"Timmy, you can do that later, help your granny first, while I am setting the tables," she asked

"Okay, mom! Got it!" I replied

Me and granny looked at each other and smiled.

"We better hurry up so you can start your cake," my granny said.

========================================================