Chapter 5 : The Perfect Set -Up

=======================================================

"What happened, Johnny?" Lily asked me.

"After my interview, I hugged Timmy because he offered me a managerial position even if I am new. I am just too happy, then his mom came. Opening the door wide open. He caught me hugging Timmy and thinks she's interrupting something. Where are you anyway? You should've inform us that his mom is coming." I said

"About that, I was called by Mr. Lim and he asks for a report of the conference since he was in a business trip. After I send him the report, I went to the restroom. Then after that, I saw the office open, and Mrs. Xu was there," she said.

We stopped when we reach the Department. She introduced me to other employees. Some are happy while others had their brows raise on me.

Me and Lily went to the canteen and she treats me for passing the standards of Timmy. She said that Timmy already left the office.

"So, you're starting tomorrow?" She asked

"Yeah. Next time, it will be my treat," I said

"Sir Timmy seems to like you. I'm not starting anything but, that's what I observed," she said

"Actually, we've met before. Thrice, if I am not mistaken, but I didn't know he was a business tycoon. He's so simple," I replied.

"That's true. He only used his fancy cars when he was attending some events, he don't even care how he looked when his working here," she said smiling

"How is he as a boss?" I asked

"Sir Timmy is hardworking. He reads every papers vividly. He never absent, unless his mom was sick. He sleeps in the office often times, whenever we have a big transaction. There were times that he still go to office even when he is sick," she said.

Time flies so fast, and it's time for us to go home. I waved goodbye to Lily and to other staffs.

"Mom, I'm home!" I shouted happily as I entered the house.

"No need to shout, honey. We're in the kitchen," Tricia replied

"What's for dinner?" I asked

"I just order pasta and pizza. How's your application?" My mom asked.

"It's great. I am hired as a manager and the salary was too big," I said.

"Wow! That's great. Eat your dinner now. Me and your sisters were sleeping early 'cause we are attending a school event. Good night honey!" She stood up and kissed my head.

"Good night, mom!"

=======================================================

It's my first day of work and I am so excited. I woke up early and do some morning exercise. Ate my breakfast and rode off to work.

I arrived early in the office, but Lily was there so I have company.

"Whoa. You're early Mr. Manager," she said

"My first day. That's why," I replied

"You can go to your office now. Want me to take you there?"

"No need, thanks anyway." I declined and went to my office.

While working and reading some papers, Lily came and asks for me.

"What's the matter, Lily?" I asked.

"How should I say this," she said nervously.

"Come on. Say it now. I don't want them thinking I am not doing my job," I teased.