Chapter 2 : Twist of Fate

Suddenly the lights were turned off, Timmy and Johnny heard the girls screaming.

"Ahm, Johnny, please don't let go of me for now. I'm afraid of the dark," Timmy said, trembling.

"I thought it's an earthquake, it's just you shaking. Of course, I won't," Johnny replied.

"What happened?" Asked Maria, the celebrant.

"Power shortage, maam. The bouncers were there to assess it now," the bartender replied.

After a few minutes, the power returned.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen. I am officially anouncing this party, over! Thanks you my dear friends for this gift. Thank you to the dancers for being a good sport, and to the owner of this club. It's already 2 in the morning, we need to rest,"

Everyone clapped their hands.

Timmy and Chloe walked towards their car when Chloe spotted Johnny.

"Hey, Mr. Dancer!" She shouted.

"Me?" Johnny replied

"Yes, you. Come over,"

Johnny walked towards Chloe, while Timmy was busy in his phone and opening his car,

"I'd like to give you a tip for being a good sport in my dare. Please take it," Chloe handed 1000¥.

"No thanks, maam. It's a game, I don't want to go drunk in my job later this morning so I accepted the dare," Johnny declined honestly.

"Please, just do me a favor, accept this. I can't forgive myself if I accidentally make my boyfriends bestfriend go gay. Please?" Chloe pleaded.

"Fine, I'll accept this. Thanks,"

"Bye!" Chloe waved her hand, then go to where Timmy was.

"Why are you talking to him?" Timmy asked

"I'd like to know if you two exchanged phone numbers. Are you gay, Timmy? Answer me honestly,"

"We don't exchanged numbers and I am not gay. Go to your car, fasten your seatbelt, and I will follow your car to make sure you'll go home safe. Is that clear?" Timmy said

"Fine, I believe you," Chloe closed my car door and she went straight to her car. I've seen her signalled so we're ready to go.

=======================================================

It's almost 3 in the morning, so I go home to my pad. What happened tonight is something I can't forget for a long time. I can't believe everyone buy that "after make out" look of ours. Is it that believable? Are we that good?

I know I'll be late in the office today so I send a fax to my secretary's line to tell her to cancel my morning activities.

Timmy, it's been a long day. Good night, sweet dreams! He told himself and drift away in dreamland.

=======================================================

I want to sleep even for a bit but I can't. I still remember how Timmy trembles in fear when the power turned off. The way he told me not to let him go seems like he's holding on for dear life at that moment. The guy was a tough one, I think. Not letting everyone knows what's the real him. He's building walls enough for people to think he's strong and mighty. I wonder what makes him feel like that.

Hey, Johnny. It's none of your business. You have work this morning you better sleep. He pinched himself. Man, it's almost 4am. I need some coffee to wake me up.

=======================================================

The work in the office was not that hectic as it used to before even though it's Friday. Me and my friends were hanging out later in this local bar near the city.

"Timmy, make sure you'll wear your disguise. We don't want to chase any bad guys tonight," Denmark said, a policeman.

"I don't want to act like your bodyguard, I want to party," Robin said, a doctor.

"With or without disguise, he won't be that head-turner. We all know I'm the cutest in our group," Xander said, a photographer.

"Shut up. I can take care of myself, but for everyones safety, I'll wear my disguise. Is that clear? After all, I will be the one paying your drinks," I said, mocking the three.

"All hail, the one and only MR. GENIUS MILLIONAIRE!" (Sarcasm intended)

"Good, so let's go!"

"Alright!" Everybody answered.

=======================================================

9pm, still early but I am really sleepy. I need to take a walk. I asked my friend to do the job for now and said I need to walk around to feel awake.

I'm about to go out when I saw a group of guys entering the bar. Young professionals. But the one whom they're circling looks like he's too old for the group. Well, I don't care, I better walk.

Our bar needs bottles of tequila. So I'll volunteer to buy some since I am taking a walk. On the way to the bar, I heard a commotion at my back. There, I saw the old man running, heading to the bar. For an old man, he surely runs fast. I wonder where are his friends?

I look at his features, and I am sure I've seen those eyes before. When he reached my spot, he started shouting for help which makes me hold his arm. I gave him the bottles of tequila and asked him to give it to my manager and points the club where I'm working and I let him run.

Out of nowhere, a punch landed on my jaw. There were 10 goons in suit. I returned the favor by punching him too, while kicking the other two. Punches landed on my back, on my chest, on my stomach, yet I don't feel any pain. I make sure that everytime they hit me, I'll return it by 2's.

Suddenly, I heard the goons shuffling. One of the goons had a baseball bat and it hits me in the head. I saw my blood dripping, I knew I'm goin to faint because I am afraid of my own blood, then I heard a gun shot. Someone was  telling me to hold on. I knew that voice, but I can't muster the energy to open up my eyes and look who's comforting me. The words keep repeating in my head, until I lose my consciousness.

"Johnny, hold on please! Stay..."