The Dynamite Duo

In my life I've had two loves. One of them at the moment seems quite obvious, now I'm not really saying I'm in love with Wally, but still you get my point. The other love was Barbara. My first kiss, my first girlfriend, my first love. Now I know what your thinking, wait, isn't he gay? But honestly it's just not that simple. Babs and I had been on and off for years, when I left we had been off, mostly because of my feelings for Wally, not that she knew that of course. Anyways my being back seemed to be stirring up a lot of things, so when she came into my room moments after Wally had left I pulled her into my arms and just held her.
"I'm lost babs."
"What's wrong?"
"I thought I could do it you know, I thought I could come back here, but I don't know what I'm doing"
She brought her arms around my back and started rubbing soothing circles.
"It's okay Dick, I've got you."
"I've missed you Barbara."
"I know. I've missed you too."
"I should talk to batman."
"You should."
"But I just don't know if I can, I've been so mad at him for so long, it's hard to let go of that kind of anger, and knowing he's replaced me, not once, but twice, I just don't know barb."
"I know what you need."
"What's that?"
She leaned in and kissed me, long and slow, it was the kiss of someone who was revisiting old territory, familiar territory. I let her kiss me, sure there weren't the same sparks that I had with Wally, but babs was familiar, babs was home. She had been my first kiss, we had lost our virginities to each other, this was comforting, but as I kissed her I couldn't help but compare it to kissing Wally. I pushed her away, "damnit babs I can't. "
She looked up at me, understanding in her eyes,
"It's him isn't it? It always has been."
I sighed, "nothing gets past you, does it?"
She smiled at me and gave me a long hug.
"I'm here for you boy blunder."
...
Whoa man, betcha guys didn't see that one coming. Side note I'm thinking of starting a new story, one about Dick and Barbara, so look out for that, thanks for reading!