Magic Revealed

"I want you to help me. Alfie."

    Alfie steps back with his eyes wide open. "You want me to help you steal... The Koh-i-noor?"

    "Yes." Elizabeth wipes her hands on her dress, straightening her posture. They continue walking "The Koh-i-noor has the power to imbue magical abilities into the person who possesses it. The Ministry of Magic has Aurors guarding it at all times."

    "Why do you need it? Aren't you a witch? I've seen you use magic. Your wand...!"

    "IT'S MY SON!" She screamed. Embarrassed at her own outburst, she looked around to see men and women stop and look. She exhaled when they all look away and go about their business.

    "It's my son," she whispered to him. Her eyes tear up. "He's...he's a squib." She said that last word in such a hoarse whisper that Alfie barely heard it.

    "A squib?" Alfie asked. "So, he's the one?" He thinks about this. "How do I know that turning him into a wizard won't change other things? What if I'm never even born?"

    "What if it makes you the most powerful wizard that ever lived?"

    At this moment, the two have caught up with The Doctor, Eduardus and his son. They have made it to the Koh-i-noor exhibit. Elizabeth charmed herself so that as she moved toward the exhibit, the crowd parted and allowed her to easily pass. Alfie and the others followed her.

    The Diamond, up close, looked upon by muggle, non-alien eyes, appeared dull and lifeless. It was large and perfectly cut, but it appeared to have a black hole in it when looked at straight on.

    "It's a charm, Alfie. The Ministry of Magic has put a spell on it to prevent muggles from seeing it for the magical object that it is."

    Alfie looked at it closely. He could see that it had a purple aura around it. It pulsed with life. Alfie, entranced by it reaches out to it. He feels a light shock.

"It is protected from magic, too. Because wizards do know its power." Alfie rubs his sore hand. "You are a true wizard. It will only defend itself against a true magical threat.

    Elizabeth spoke to Alfie in hushed tones to keep her nefarious intentions between them. "I don't see what I can do. I only know some defensive spells and how to turn things into tiny birds." He shook his head no. "Besides, I don't think that i want to." He said quietly.

    "What do you mean?" Her voice rose, catching the attention of her husband and The Doctor.

    "What's going on, Alfie?" He took Alfie by the shoulder and pulled him to.

    Elizabeth's charm was spreading, forcing people away from her and the diamond. Her wand hand was gripped tightly, an electric magic pulse radiated from her. Muggles stopped and stared. Women swooned while men ran to find authorities. Her husband reached out to her.

    Alfie watched with awe, expecting Eduardus to be the voice of reason to talk his wife down again. But he too, pulled out his wand. The two of them point their wands at the aura surrounding the diamond.

    "What's going on?" The Doctor asked Alfie. "What are they doing?"

    "They're trying to steal the diamond!"

    "Why?"

    "Their son, my great, great, great grandfather, is a squib!" The hall has become so loud that Alfie has to yell for The Doctor to hear him. "They want to use the diamond to make him a wizard!"

    "And we can do it, Alfie!" Eduardus calls to Alfie over the din. "Join us, Alfie. Put your wand in! Do it for your future!"

    Alfie looked around. He could see men and women in robes approaching fast. He grabbed the little boy's hand and he and The Doctor backed up. "Mommy? Daddy?" The boy watched as his parents' magic attempted to break through the protective spell surrounding the diamond. A great sphere of power had grown out of control; an explosion was imminent.

     As the Aurors approached, glass began to shatter. The Doctor and Alfie took the little boy by the hand and tried to get him away. But it was too late. The blast sent everyone flying. Elizabeth and Eduardus received the brunt of the impact. Most of the muggles had made it a safe distance and were not hurt. It would still fall on the hands of the Ministry to obliviate them, so they were not allowed to leave the Crystal Palace. When the smoke cleared The Doctor looked around. Alfie was on the floor covered in soot. But he started opening his eyes, coughed and sat up. The little boy was knocked out, but alive. Eduardus was also alive. He was seen sitting up and shaking his head. Aurors then picked him up and confiscated his wand. But Elizabeth... her body was found completely impaled by a large shard of broken glass. Alfie turned his head when he saw this.

    The Doctor picked up the boy and he and Alfie walked over to an Auror who was busy supervising clean up. "What will happen to them?" Alfie asked.

    The auror, realizing that Alfie was a wizard, decided to answer him. He pointed at Eduardus. "He will likely be sent to Azkaban. Violation of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy is a serious offense. Especially when it causes this much destruction."

    "What about the boy?" Alfie asked. "He is not a wizard. And now he has no parents."

    "The same that is done to all squibs. He'll be sent to live with muggles. There is an orphanage, just north of London. What did you say his name was?"

    "Oliver." Alfie replied. "His name is...Oliver." A tear ran down his cheek. He wiped it away smearing grime on his face.

    "Well, we're going to have to adjust his memories. He will never know of his wizarding heritage or his parents. Too bad." He took Oliver from The Doctor and handed him to another auror who disapparated in a white smoke.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Dear Reader,

Did you catch it? The third fiction in my crossover? I am aware that the years are off a little. But isn't that the fun of a fanfic? It's my story, I can make the adjustments and alternatives that I need to make the puzzle fit. I hope that you enjoyed this. I still get the feels when I read it. I hope that you do, too!

Yours Truly,

Brittany_storm