The Goyles

After the Second Wizarding War, Gregory Goyle became repentant for his role as a death eater after watching his best friend die in the fiendfyre curse that he'd cast. Goyle had spent most of his time at Hogwarts as a lacky and bodyguard for Draco Malfoy. He was capable of doing so much more if he had paid more attention to his studies.

    When Goyle left Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry he tried out for the Bulgarian Vrasta Vultures making their reserve team as a beater. After several years with little prospect of advancing to the regular team, he quit professional Quidditch. He had fallen in love with and married a young fan, Callista Flint, a Hogsmeade antiques merchant. Goyle and his new wife moved to London where they expanded their business to include magical artifacts and museum. They were pretty well off by the time they had their first and only child, Morgana.

    Morgana was determined, serious and a little spoiled. While her parents were not haters of muggle born witches and wizards they did demonstrate an air of superiority over them. Gregory Goyle, remembering his diminished status as a goon for the child of a more "important" wizarding family, was determined to give his daughter all of the resources that she needed to insure a bright future. Occasionally indulging his daughter in all of the delights of a young witch. Trips to the Quidditch World Cup, toy brooms, sweets, exotic pets. She was important and he wanted her to know that.

    Although Goyle was not particularly proud of his family's dark history with his father having been a death eater and prisoner of Azkaban wizard's prison, he had always been honest with his daughter. She was aware of the role her family on both sides had played in the wizarding war. It was a topic of discomfiture. Despite this, feelings and beliefs of pure blood supremacy had passed down to her through her parents own actions and rhetoric.

At the age of eleven, young Morgana Goyle received her letter from Hogwarts as was expected. When she went to Diagon Alley to purchase her supplies for her coming school year she became acquainted with Alfie Owens, a muggle born wizard with whom she would share classes. She knew full well that she would have classes with "mudbloods" but had never before known one. At least not to her knowledge. It was a surprise to her that they were not mutant or at least completely daft. When she arrived at Hogwarts, she had to make a decision. Accept the witches and wizards whose lineage did not meet the standards of her expectations based on their talent and character. Or let herself be blinded by the prejudice that she carried with her.

    To be honest, she was eleven. These are lessons that even older witches and wizards will not learn given a lifetime to learn them.