Chapter 3: an invitation, connie's lie

A/n I am making a change the mission steven and connie do alone is going to be pushed to later due to what I've chosen to do in this chapter

An invitation

(Stevens pov)

          I woke up to the sound of Connie's alarm clock "what the-" I said not realizing what it was then connie hit the snooze button and said "sorry for waking you up Steven but I need this to wake me up for school." I smiled and said "no its ok now I get to hang with you before you head off to school" I said rubbing my eyes. We got out of bed and went to the kitchen to have breakfast. I made some waffles and me and connie started eating after we put butter and syrup on them.
          "Hey Steven" connie said looking up at me "what is it?" I asked looking back at her "um there is going to be this dance at my school next friday and I wanted to ask you to come as my friend" I smiled and said "of course that sounds awesome I would love to go" Connie's face lit up and she said "thank you Steven there are some people who bully me and if I didn'ten bring someone they would probably bully more" I looked at her in surprise "whaaat! Why would people bully you you're so awesome, and funny, and talented, and pretty, and smart!" I exclaimed she smiled and said "thank you Steven but I guess not everybody thinks that" she looked at her watch and said "oh I've got to go Steven I'll see you after school" and she left

Connie's lie

(Connie's pov)

          I walked out of the house to the place by the beach where the crystal gems had gotten the bus driver to be able to stop at for me.  I got on to the bus and sat down at the very back and then my main bully Alyssa came over and said "hey four eyes do you have anyone to bring to the dance" then she laughed and said "what a stupid question of course you dont, you don't have any friends" I got really mad at her and without thinking said "well as a matter of fact im bringing my boyfriend Steven"
          she smirked and said "you never mentioned a boyfriend before" and I replied with "that's because I would only mention it to a friend I wouldn't just randomly say it to someone like you." She looked at me probably thinking 'god connie is so pathetic' and after a second she said "ok if he is real then tell me some things about him" I got even angrier and said "well his mother died giving birth to him because she had to give up her physical form to give steven her magical gem, he can summon a magic shield and a magic bubble, he has a pet lion, and he lives with the crystal gems who protect the earth and as far fetched as that sounds it's all true"
          She laughed for 10 seconds and said "god you hve to stop reading all those fantasy books because you are forgetting what reality is" I grited my teeth and said "I'll prove it I'll bring him to school tomorrow" she smirked and said "okay then" in a sarcastic voice then we stopped talking and I got through school as I heard everyone whispering About what I said on the bus and after I got home I went inside with tears and my eyes and hugged steven.  "Steven I need to talk to you" I said wiping my tears "what is it?" He asked and I explained what happened on the bus and he said "it's ok connie I'll take you to school tomorrow and say im your boyfriend and I'll do the same at the dance" I hugfed him again whispering "thank you so much Steven"