Chapter 23: Saddle Up

Sorry for the late update. Please comment and Vote!

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Easy Marleen. Easy girl." I coo as the anxious horse throws her head back in annoyance. Her gorgeous white mane was now cut short for the journey ahead and she was all clean and groomed. All she wanted now was to run.

However, the men of the Blood Team were still getting ready. A whip lashes through the air and Marleen kicks up. "Easy girl!" I grab her reins and yank her down.

I shoot the horsing-around boys a furious glare. Control. Control.

I continue petting Marleen's neck, trying to get her to loosen up. A large black beast runs by Marleen, pushing her sideways. My horse neighs loudly in annoyance. The huge black horse neighs back and gallops out of the stables.

However, what ticked me off was that cocky smirk that the rider of this black horse had on.

"Oh screw them!" I shout, hopping onto my horse's back, "Gidd-y up Marleen! Hi-ya! Hi-ya!" I urge her forward.

Marleen neighs loudly before charging forward after Hades. My team yelps in surprise, jumping out of the way.

We burst to the outside but see no black horse nor seemingly black-hearted master. I click my tongue, soothing Marleen before gently standing up onto her back.

See, when I first got my double-colored eyes I didn't have much break time. When I did, I always wanted to ride my horse. The stablemaster eventually took a liking to me and started teaching me things like how to stand up on a horse and shoot while galloping down a hill.

I squint my eyes, spinning around on her back.

"Are you crazy?! You can fall! Get down!" A voice barks behind me. I yelp in surprise, slipping off Marleen's back. I would have been fine if I did land on the floor, but instead I landed in a person's arms.

Oh how Isaac was glaring at me. I was glaring right back just as fiercely. I feel so feminine in his arms. I wanted to be protected by him. I wanted to feel safe. No! I am the only person that can offer me safety!

"My point exactly!" He gestures.

"Don't shout at me!" I hiss, feeling awfully small in his arms.

"Don't do that again! What would happen if I wasn't behind you?" Isaac raises an eyebrow.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Why were you behind me anyway?"

The tip of his ears turned red. Well that's new... Huntress comments.

"Really guys?! I understand if Isaac decided to trample us but you too Scar??" Complains Chancellor as he walks out with his gorgeous chestnut stallion. Vincent and Malden follow, grumbling at our lack of concern for them.

Erin walks out last with his brilliant white stallion walking behind him. He raises an eyebrow and smirks, "Are you two comfy?"

I turn as scarlet as my eye, shoving myself off of Death's lap. I hop back onto my horse, "Let's get going. Where's Evangeline?"

"She tried to escape last night back to her father but went the wrong way. We caught her thanks to Erin..." Vincent starts and Erin tips his head, slipping into his saddle, "But she hasn't left the territory since."

I nod in silent understand and urge Marleen forward. We were galloping towards the gates before any of the men could shout their disapproval.

Marleen trots to a stop next to a chocolate horse and a hooded rider. "Eva?" I mumble, coming near her so that our legs almost brushed.

I see the rider gulp and I sigh, "Look... I'm sorry that father kicked you out but it was for your own safety. Its safe now to return now that I left... and-and n-now we are taking you home... after a quick detour for a mission, that is."

"D-did y-you mean it?" Evangeline looks up to me. Her voice sounded weak. I've never seen my passionate sister look like that. Her eyes were teary and I almost felt sorry for her.

"Mean what?" I murmur, hearing the trampling of hooves.

"T-that you want revenge on me?" Evangeline whispers, her eyes back at the mossy floor.

"Yes."

She tenses.

"But that was a while ago. Hurting one for a pain of the past only holds a person back. We can't dwindle in the past. Yes, the past sculpted who we are today, but it's our present choices that sculpt the future. Mostly, I wanted to feel like I belong. You always made sure I wouldn't. Belonging is a feeling I had only once and that was on my transforming night. I just 'revenge' that to get you to stop whining." I said honesty. She seems so broken.

"S-so I'm forgiven?" Evangeline begs.

A dark laugh rumbles from my chest, "No. But you are tolerated."

Marleen throws her head as someone snatches her reins. She snorts and kicks as I hiss, "Hey! What are you doing?!"

Isaac pulls me away from Evangeline and the four other Trackers flank her. They were gentle with her now that she was gentle herself.

He growls silently, "Are you sure you want her?" His eyes slide over to his team, silently judging.

I hold his gorgeous gaze, "Its not my decision. I'm just your Assassin. You are the one who needs this thing gone."

His eyes freeze over, "It wasn't my choice little tracker."

It was that gaze. The gaze that blazed a fire in me. It was that ferocious, predatory, powerful gaze that stole my first kiss, that stole my name title of being a simple Tracker, and that stole away my heart.

Do I love him?

No answer.

Do I care?

More than I want too. I swore that I would never fall for anyone.... And yet here I am. A simple gaze making my knees weak! But it was his kiss that made me this Assassin for him! It was his kiss that put me to this mission!

"Neither was it mine!" I snap and kick forward Marleen. I had to get away from those eyes; from him.

"Time to start our journey!" I call, already leading the way towards the Cave of Forgotten souls; where our beast was lurking.

No one would stand in my way of completing my mission; including myself.