Chapter 9: Death's Game

Next chapter. Please like and TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! Thanks and enjoy <3

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Dark and wet. That is what surrounds me. Huntress is now quietly resting in the back of my mind, allowing me to think.

"Drip. Drip. Drip..." a steady flow of water echoes in the empty dungeon.

It is dark. However, my eyes allow me to see perfectly.

The door slams open with a vibrating bang and guards in shining armor come bumbling in. They throw me an apple (which I catch with perfect ease) and then leave, slamming the door behind them.

I scoff at their rudeness and take a large bite of the juicy apple. This is more than I usually get from the King when I'm in the dungeon, who could have sent this?

I twist the red rare apple in my hand to find the initials of Prince D.... Great, does another prince named Derrick, or Dalton, or David want to marry me now? Gross. Princes are weak. I shrug, it's not like any suitors can get me in here.

Another piece of the apple disappears as my teeth sink into the juicy fruit.

I put the apple onto the cold stone bench that was in the dungeon cell and jump up, my hands wrapping around the bar on the ceiling.

It was almost a pull-up bar, but I used it as my bed. I hoist myself up, slipping my legs through the bar and hanging upside down like a bat.

My dark chocolate hair cascaded down towards the ground in steady waves as I watch the bars of the cage. Might as well get some sleep....

"That's one way to do it..." A deep, familiar voice says.

I shriek, noticing a figure in my cell, and fall off the bar. I land with a hard 'oof' onto my head.

I glare at the new figure, "How did you get in?"

The figure smirks. It was a muscular man, but his face was hidden by a hood. His sculpture-like lips curve into a smirk, "I'm Death. I can get everywhere."

I snort, "Come to take me away? Or maybe kiss me goodnight like you did on the roof when taking me to Hade's?"

The figure gives a slight laugh, leaning against the bars of my cell. "That wasn't me sweetheart."

I bristle at the new nickname.

"My recruiter is someone who can mimic how people look like. Sometimes even sound of voice is mimicked. However, my tracker is not strong enough to do so always. I can't believe you didn't notice that when you were tested in the glass box that the 'Prince of Death' had a robotic-like voice." The figure continues.

"I did notice!" I growl.

"Well, then you know I had never actually saw you, Scarlett." The figure finishes, testing me.

"So... you are telling me you are a royal, a prince, and have the same look as the man I saw when they 'Kissed me Goodnight'?" I test.

"Correct."

I narrow my eyes, "What are you doing here Princy?"

The Prince of Death grins, "I was just looking out for the one of the contestants that might be my little Assassin."

"Why do you care?" I hiss back.

The Prince tilts his head; the shadow caused by his hood darkens more of his features. "I have to make sure all the students have a fair chance. You being in a dungeon isn't fair."