Chapter 5

OKay but if you have not seen that photo, I just had to share it with all of you. It is beautiful! At least to me. I'm in love with it - the art style, the scenario, everything!

Art Credits: http://luciasatalina.tumblr.com/post/141745405498/phony-prince

~~~

"Come on, you're going to be late for school." Tikki poked at Marin's cheek, trying to get him to stand up and start getting ready. Surprisingly enough, he had actually woken up on time, but he hadn't actually gotten up yet.

Marin lie sprawled out on the ground, staring up at the ceiling. He was stuck in his own thoughts, and he could barely hear Tikki speaking to him. Every sound around him was just a small incoherent ringing. That's how absorbed in his thoughts he was in his mind.

Ever since the previous night, he had been thinking about what Chat had said to him. It was really eating away at his brain. He couldn't exactly understand what she meant by it.

"Just keep in mind that things aren't always as they seem."

Did it have a special meaning, or did she just say it to say it? Was there a bigger picture that he was only seeing the corner of. He pondered over her words for a few minutes longer, until his brain switched to the other topic that was bothering him: Why did Chat and Adrienne have a bruise in the exact same spot? There was no way it could be a coincidence, he thought, but the only reasonable explanation his brain was supplying was completely illogical.

"Do you think..." He started to ask Tikki, but he trailed off as he realized how stupid it sounded. "There's no way she could--" He cut himself off, sitting up straight, it had knocked Tikki off his face and into his hands, which he had raised up to catch her. "Wait, do you think she could be? I mean, it just doesn't seem right." He scoffed, shaking his head with a small smile. "No, no way. Impossible. Adrienne is not Chat. They're too different." He finally stood up completely and stretched.

Tikki flew out of his hand and hovered in front of his face. "How do you figure?" She tilted her head and followed him around his room as he started readying himself for school.

Marin simply shrugged his shoulders in response. He thought it was completely obvious. Even their demeanor, aside from appearance is completely different. Adrienne always keeps herself in check. She doesn't tend to show much through her actions. She's calm, collected, relaxed.

Chat on the other hand is anything but. She always is laughing, smirking, or clearly expressing what she feels. She doesn't keep what she's feeling on the inside, she lets it all out. She is very verbal and physical when it comes to showing how she's feeling. She's outspoken, confident - at certain times - and never afraid to show what she believes in. He found that trait admirable and secretly found it quite captivating. It was one of the first things he noticed about Chat.

Marin took his bag and slung it over his shoulder, opening it for Tikki to fly in and hide herself as he made his way downstairs. Marin hugged both his parents and grabbed a piece of toast before heading out the door. He felt slightly proud of the fact that he was actually going to be on time, unlike usual. If only he could get into the habit of doing this on a daily basis, then he might have actually gotten somewhere.

~~~

The day started out well. Starting with him actually being on time. Then, after their last class, Adrienne had talked to him and told him how happy she was to have been able to spend time with him yesterday. This made Marin's heart flutter in excitement , but it didn't last very long, seeing as how Miles had overheard the conversation and was far from happy.

"What the hell? You blew me off for this loser?" Miles asked as made himself a wall between Adrienne and Marin. It was the exact same motion he had done when he Adrienne was with Ladybeetle. He had clearly made a border between them, not wanting them any closer together.