Chapter 1

Wow it's actually semi-complete. Not edited, but I do not have the time nor motivation to do so. Hope it doesn't suck as bad as I think it does.

     Exhausting was one word Marin could use to describe his night. He had been up till almost three in the morning trying to fight an Akuma Attack. She didn't understand how someone could have been akumatized at such a late hour; everyone should have been sleeping. He didn't question it much further though, he just wanted it to be done and over with. But since him and Chat Noire were both tired, it wasn't as easy as it should have been.

The villain was easy to beat, and they should have been done in only a few minutes. But something that should have been done in 10 minutes was completed in over an hour due to the lack of focus that the two had.

He had missed the villain with his yo-yo multiple times, which had, more than once, resulted in Chat getting either hit or tangled up by the weapon. But Chat was no better. She had dropped her staff multiple times, and nearly fell asleep on him while he was trying to figure out a battle strategy. They were a complete wreck. But, as always, they did manage to capture the akuma. Even though they were both pretty beat up by the end of the fight.

He did eventually get to sleep. It seemed as though just as soon as he closed his eyes, they were open again and the sun was shining in his eyes. "Hm...? What time is it?" He reached for his phone and checked the time. It was 08:23. "Tikki! I'm late!"

Tikki yawned as she rose from her slumber as well, rubbing her eyes. "Why are you surprised every time? This is kind of an everyday thing now."

"Har. Har. Very funny, Tikki, but I can't be late one more time after this or I'm getting detention." He got dressed quickly then looked at his phone. 08h26. "I can't make it. Or..." He looked at Tikki. "Marin can't make it, but you know who can?"

"Great idea, Marin!"

"Tikki, spots on." He transformed then jumped off the balcony and made his way to the school. Right before he got to the stairs, he transformed back. 08h28. "With two minutes to spare~"

Marin ran up to his class and made it right before the bell rang. Alyn gave him a high five for his ability to actually make it on time.

"Looks like someone made it." Monsieur Bustier chuckled, then started the class off with a lecture and notes.

The day went by quite smoothly. For some reason, Clovis didn't show up until after lunch. He had probably slept in, but Marin didn't question it. He just tried his best to ignore him, since for once in his life, Clovis was ignoring him. He wasn't about to complain. This was pretty great. Not having to deal with Clovis and being able to stare at the back of Adrienne's head all day long.

But as the end of the day came, he was hit with a harsh reality.

"Marin, it's now or never. Prom is in two weeks. You know that if you don't ask her really soon, someone else is going to beat you to it." As Alyn said this, he gestured in the direction of Clovis, who was on the phone by his locker, then Miles, who was looking at a notebook, probably some kind of notes.

Marin knew that fact all too well. "Yeah, but what if she flat out rejects me? What if she doesn't like me at all? What if she thinks I'm a total loser. What if she likes Miles? Oh, god, Alyn, what if she goes to prom with Miles? They'll slow dance! There is always a slow dance at prom. And if they go together, they will slow dance! And you know what slow dancing leads to? Kissing. There is no way I can let him be that close to Adrienne. Ah, I'm going to die." Marin slapped his own cheeks harshly, resulting in two red handprints left on his face.