Chapter 2

Sorry I took so long to update! I wanted to do it this weekend, but I was busy with my mom and dad. >~< I never see them anymore, so I wanted to spend as much time with them as possible, so that meant no extra typing time. But I managed to get a lot done today in French, and finished once I got back to my house. Hope it doesn't suck!

~~~

Ladybeetle landed atop the roof, seeing that Chat was already there. But judging by how she was still breathing a little heavily, it didn't seem like he was the only one who had just gotten there. He cleared his throat to get her attention.

"Well," Chat Noire smiled as she faced him. "You were almost on time, what kept you busy?"

"Don't act like you were perfect and punctual. There's no way you made it here too long before me." He walked up to her and tapped the small bell around her neck, making it ring quietly. "You're out of breath." He smirked slightly.

"I was busy with a guy." She stuck her tongue out at him childishly.

"And I was with a girl." His smirk widened, hoping to get a jealous reaction out of her, they tended to be quite amusing. She was like a child who constantly wanted him to be right by her side. Something about it was subconsciously endearing 

"Was she cute? Did you think she was cute?" Chat asked, smiling slightly, awaiting his response.

He was surprised she was so interested in who he was talking to. Usually when he talked about a girl, she got angry or jealous or something close to that emotion. "Well, I don't want to be a gossip, but she was gorgeous. Her hair is so smooth, and her skin is so soft, and her eyes. Oh, god, you should see them. They're a beautiful emerald green. And her voice, she speaks so gently towards me. And she smells like vanilla."

Chat's eyes went wide, almost tearing up. "I've never seen you get this excited about a girl. Have you, uh, considered asking her out?"

"Yeah, do you try talking to her in your civilian form."

"Are you crazy?" He laughed, shaking his head. "I can barely look at her, much less talk to her without the mask." His blush was almost as red as his suit.

"I can talk to her for you. What's her name?" Chat asked, trying to ask questions that made it seem like she didn't have a clue who he was talking about, even if he was talking about her. Hopefully.

"Adrienne. She's so..." He sighed, looking down at his hands. "Out of my league. There's at least two other guys who she would be so much better with than me. Even if they are complete jerks."

"What makes you say that?" Chat tilted her head. On the inside, she wanted to scream at him. She wanted to tell him all the wonderful things about himself. She wanted to tell him that he definitely was the best person to be with Adrienne because she was Adrienne. She wanted to tell him how amazing he was. But she couldn't give away anything. She knew once she started to rant, there would be no end. And she wouldn't filter herself before speaking, and she'd end up letting the cat out of the bag. Pun intended.

"Have you seen her? She's so..." He sighed happily and smiled, as if explaining what she was like. "And I'm so..." He made a look of disgust.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Don't say that. You know that's not true." She pursed her lips in a pout to stop herself from getting too frustrated. Frustrated that he is so oblivious to his self worth.

Ladybeetle smiled at the blonde's irritated expression, chuckling a bit. "Thank you, Kitty." He raised his hand and scratched behind her ear. He was only slightly surprised to hear a small purr resonate from her lips.