Never a Dull Moment

When I let out the fiery coal storm I had forgotten one thing.

My coach was wood.

So as the flaming coal flew out of the back some of it caught the coach on fire "oh, shit!" I yelled as the fire grew closer to me, I gave one more "yah!" And snap of the rains then stood up, readied myself to jump, then, jumped. For a moment everything seemed to pause. My legs were flailing in front of me trying to touch the top of Jack's coach, my arms were holding my hat on my head, and my hair was flying behind me.

Suddenly, I found myself on my back on top of the coach, I was staring up at the overcast sky, and gulping down air like no tomorrow."Oy!" someone yelled I looked down near my feet to see Jack's head sticking out from the coach door "get in here!" He ordered, I nodded and climbed down.

 "You ok, Brittney?" Kayla asked grabbing my arm as I continued to gulp down air.

"F-fine"I replied regaining my normal breathing patterns, I was sweating despite the cold temperature outside, "lovely show you put on back there, Jack" I said with a grin as he shut the door.

"Oh, the judge? Couldn't have done it without the ginnie pig, love" Jack said with a wink, then punched Gibbs in the shoulder gently "so I heard ye has a ship?" he asked sadly, I nodded half heartedly. "I'm guessing you want your crew back, huh?" he asked

"That would be nice" I said. We all smiled in silence until one of the guards shot at us. Jack grabbed me and pushed me down as several bullets whizzed past my head. "We need to, at least, make it to the docks...then, we follow my ship" I whispered to Jack, his reply was a nod and a stroking of my hair. "We trade crews at another dock...hopefully more pirate friendly than this one" I added with a sigh.

More bullets fired past the top of our heads, finally, in my mind, I said screw it, got out my pistol and started returning fire. From what I could make out, I had shot one of the three guards, he fell off of his horse. His horse stopped, forcing the guard behind the guard I shot to stop short, his curses got lost somewhere in the sound of gunfire. "Two down, one to go" I growled to myself, just as I was about to shoot the last guard someone else shot him three times in the chest. I looked over to find that Kayla had stolen Gibbs's gun, I laughed at her and stuck my gun back in its holster.

"So, this is your ship?" Jack asked. We had made it to the docks and they took the liberty of looking over my new ship for me.

"Yes" I answered "stole her from a man in Tortuga" I added proudly, Jack smiled.

"Really?" He asked with a look of surprise on his face, he wrapped his arm around my waist and sighed proudly.

"She looks just like the 'Pearl!" Gibbs cried, examining the sails.

"Master Gibbs, I think that's why she stole her" Jack said, Gibbs had the look of realization on his face. Which made me giggle.

"So, the 'Pearl follows my ship to a safer port around here....savvy?" I asked, looking up to Jack.

"Savvy enough for me!" Gibbs said excitedly "oh! How about you Captain?" he asked Jack, Jack smiled and kissed my head.

"Perfectly savvy" Jack answered with twinkle in his eye that made a part of me melt.

*"Come on, come on! Get over there ya slimy cockroaches!" Kayla yelled at my old crew, I smiled.

"never a dull moment with her around" I said, Jack and Gibbs both chuckled.