Palm Tree Escape

"The Kraken!" She shrieked and did a funny dance..

People everywhere! I almost got my head taken off by two men carrying water bowls on a long pole. Children were putting up some type of stone wall and I stopped to watch, but the woman that came and got me out of the hut grabbed my arm and pulled me along with her. I was looking behind me at the sight of four women washing and hanging clothing when we came to a sudden halt. "Whoa!"

I yelled as I tried to balance myself from the short-stop, a man herding goats walked in front of us and thanked us in a different language. She answered. "By the way" I said struggling to keep pace with her "what's your name?" I asked catching up with her.

"Shinaiqua" she replied, quickly looking both ways and crossing what looked like a muddy street. "it means flower" she clarified, I nodded in understanding, and ran behind her as a cart full of watermelons wheeled dangerously close to my backside. I turned around from making sure the cart didn't take anything off and saw a giant brownish-yellow structure, It was covered in ivy, it had what looked like a giant steeple on the top and a grand door. The blocks of the building went inside each row, like the pyramids. Except, behind this structure was a jungle, and before I knew it I was being pulled inside.

What once was a sunny day was starting to turn sour, dark clouds started swirling in the sky indicating a storm wasn't far off. Shinaiqua was pulling me in the structure by my arm, when we entered it seemed that there was a type of festival going on. Laughter, games, strange types of food, and dancing. Almost all the women were wearing what Shinaiqua was, colorful dresses, the men wore some type of colorful suit. The couples dancing were doing some type of dance they called "the elephant dance" we walked right through the dancing people and straight to another woman.

She had black hair and green eyes, also black and around the same height as I was. She wore a brown dress with red and purple squares sewn into it. She looked at me as if she had seen something disgusting. I admit I probably don't look the best but I just spent hours swimming then, fell on my butt, give me a break! Shinaiqua started talking to the woman in the same language that they all had. "You're not from here" the new woman said.

"Obviously" I said, it came out a little harsher than I expected, getting stabbed in the stomach gets me cranky! She looked at me, head to toe.

"Pirate" she mumbled and I flashed a smile.

"We found her floating in the ocean and the wigama said we could save her" Shinaiqua said quickly(Wigama= Witch doctor).

"You escaped death...many times" the new woman whispered to me.

 "I guess I'm just lucky, mate!" I said with a smile.

*We returned to the hut I woke up in after we got the new woman. The town wasn't as busy as before because it was almost night-time the sky appeared as if it was ready to rain. "You already know my name" Shiniaqua said "but this is--" 

"I can introduce myself!" The new woman snapped "I'm Watamicia, It means power in resources" she explained, glaring at me.

"What's your name?" Shinaiqua asked cheerfully.

"Captain Brittney Turner" I said with a half smile.

"What ship did you Captain?" Shinaiqua asked, I sighed.

 "The first....The Bloody Rose...the second. I co-captained the Black Pearl with Jack Sparrow" I murmured.

"Why were you in the water?" The new woman asked.

 "The Kraken attacked the ship I was on" I growled, memories of that horrible monster floating to my mind's eye.

"The Kraken!" she shrieked and did a funny dance.

"Oh, calm yourself Watamicia! You're on land, remember?" Shinaiqua  snarled. "Wait, you said Jack Sparrow right?" Shinaiqua asked interrupting Watamicia's dance.

"Yeah...why?" I asked. Next thing I knew found myself being tied to a pole and placed over a stack of wood. "What in the bloody hell is going on?" I screamed.