Finding Captain Jack Sparrow

"Have you ever heard of someone named Captain Brittney Turner?" I asked

I watched off the bow as we neared the port of Singapore. "Um Cap'n?....who's steering the ship?" the cabin boy asked, I became stiff and turned to find that the wheel was spinning by itself! I ran to the wheel and tried to take control of it.

But, it spun as it pleased.

As I wrestled with the wheel my crew became more and more anxious, "captain" the cabin boy said, fear taking over his voice, we were nearing the port and the wheel was turning every which way, finally, little of the wheel turned my way but then shot straight back left. The force was too much for me, my grip loosened and it flung me over the wheel, my back hit the deck and I got the wind knocked out of me. "Captain!" the cabin boy yelled and rushed over to me.

"I'm fine! I'm fine!" I growled getting up, but my standing was short lasted. I fell right back down on my rump when the ship hit the port. "Tie 'er up!"

"What are we going to do now Cap'n?" the gunner asked after The Purple Gun was tied into port.

"What we are going to do is...I want all of you slimy no-helps to look for any Pirate lord's ship and/or the Black Pearl...savvy?" I said and they all started laughing "that was an order" I snarled, they all stopped laughing and got to work. As I left The Purple Gun I started thinking of where to look to find everyone else. A Bar? Possibly, so I started there I went into this bar called Your Last Drink "hate to know what happened to the owner" I whispered as I walked inside, It wasn't as bad as Tortuga, the smell of rum still heavily coated the air but brawls didn't break out as often.

I went to the barmaid. "Have you seen Captain Jack Sparrow?" I asked, leaning on the bar and drinking a shot.

"Ah, lass, you just missed 'em" she replied, giving me a sad smile.

"Did he say where he was going?"

"Somethin'  'bout meeting Calypso at half mast...but what can you believe? He was drunk as a pig, served him eight drinks, I did" she said with a giggle, I nodded my thanks. Meeting Claypso at half mast? I thought what the hell is that supposed to mean? I asked myself as I headed out of the bar, I started looking around and sighed, I then decided to meander a bit.

Shops and pirate friendly restaurants lined the street. I finally came upon a magic shop, I decided to stop in. Once I entered, the shop owner was completely fine until he got a good look at me. It was like he saw a ghost. He turned pale and I thought his hazel eyes were going to turn gray.

"Are you alright?" I asked with genuine concern for the man.

 "Get out of here, you demon!" he yelled throwing inanimate objects at me.

"I'm not a demon! I'm a pirate!" I shouted back.

"Same difference!" he yelled and hid under the counter.

"So much for pirate hospitality" I grumbled, fixing my hat and walking out of the shop. By the moon I guessed it was around midnight, only pirates remained on the streets. A group of male pirates stared at me as I walked down the street and back toward the port.

"Hey, lass!" one of them yelled but I ignored him "I said 'hey lass!'" he yelled again. He was Irish, I just rolled my eyes and continued to walk, they came over to me and blocked the street ahead.

"What?" I spat, not in the mood to be annoyed.

"What's a pretty little thing like you doing out at this hour?" he asked me, leaning against a building with his arms folded.

 "To my ship, now move" I growled, one hundred percent ready to go to sleep.

"Little demanding aren't we?" He said, touching my cheek, I slapped his hand away.

"Move or I'll move you"

"Oh you think you can order me around?" he asked very cockily,  I pulled out my sword, It glistened in the dim light. The man clapped and began laughing.

"Ah, the lass is a pirate!" he said with a smile "tell me, dearie, who do you sail for?" he asked, I cringed, this man thought I was a prostitute.

"Have you ever heard of someone named Captain Brittney Turner?"

 "Of course I've heard of her! Who hasn't?" He continued laughing and sighed, then I stepped back into the light and their mouths dropped.

"Have a savvy night" I said and they parted as I put my sword away and walked between them. Meeting Claypso at half mast I thought then, I tripped and looked up to find an old sword shop called Half Mast...damn, I'm good!