Chapter Thirty Five

So i lost EVERYONE after i said i won't be updating anymore. Guess this is like a test or smtg that you really do see people who will stay with u until you lose hope, even for yourself. Dedicatedly, this is for luukey_ you're v awesome.

The night pretty much went smoothly in the cafe. It was still cold inside, I admit but the hot, roasted cocoa was like unicorn magic liquid going down my throat. It was heavenly. The scent inside the cafe also had my eyes closing. The scent of cooking waffles and pastry had my mouth drooling and my lungs filled with every space i have in there, with waffle scented air. Gosh, I could live by waking up to this. We sat next to the glass window itself by the cafe so pretty much i could see what's going on outside. And it's all, snow.

We had to, of course, at some point leave even if the snow was like rain and leave the nice smell of waffles and go home. Luke hooded me with his coat even if we both knew it wouldn't be enough to avoid me being covered by snow in split seconds, giggling out of no where. He found this suspiciously weird as we hailed a cab.

"What was that about?" Luke furrows his eyebrows as he closes the cab door shut.

"We both know i cant fit in there," I point to his coat, still giggling somehow.

The chauffeur cleared his throat signaling to where is our whereabouts.

The heat inside the cab had Luke's pants damp from the snow, our shoes wet, nose and cheeks red.

"Quite a hassle night eh?"

"Yeah, the snow's really.." Luke speaks as he just sighed in the end.

"Yeah, she's quite fiesty this evening." The chauffer speaks, replying to Luke's phrase as he continued to drive us back home.

Looking over to the window, my hot breath fanning gently over it, making the window quite moist. I dragged a finger over it and wrote my name. Suddenly, I felt someone lean on me and Luke's face was now beside mine. Cheek to cheek close, centimeters away. His finger wrote something on the window as well but my eyes were too overwhelmed by how close we were so I just stared at him even if my pupils were in the corner, it was almost tiring. He then leaned back and my eyes traveled to Luke's writings.

Alyssa

+

Luke

This made my heart beat rise, my pulse rapid, my eyes dilated and my cheeks even more warm. I mean, this must be a fatherly thing because it's just him i have left, how else could my unbiological father show me I'm loved?

I silently leaned my back down and kept my hands to myself. For some reason, it's sweating. Ew, that's disgusting. I wipe my palms on my blue jeans, making them dry. I stealthily look at Luke.

His eyes so blue, his nose red and his cheeks too. And damn, add his lips to that list. His soft, wet, warm looking red lips. His hair tucked under his gray beanie. Gosh, did my mom really have a thin with him because I'd totally-

"Is there anything you need, or you just like the view?" He commeted, sarcasm in his tone.

"What? No, view? What view?" I said getting my defense walls up.

"You we're staring at me, I saw you." His lips started to play a smirk.

"Oh please," i say, putting my most disgusted face.

"You could've at least take a photo, so you know, it could last longer." He teased, caressing my face while he pouts fakely.

"Pshh, i hate you." I said childishly

"And I love you." He said.

This made me completely stop. I know we were just joking around but the way it came out of his lips was like you've seen a mythical creature or meeting the queen of England, or the presient of the United States. That feeling in your gut, deep down. I remember our first kiss, he called it terrible but it was a good memory. We then said our first i love you's-- as me his stepdaughter and him my stepfather. I mean, that kiss was long ago, thirty days previously. It was long done, but I would do anything to relive it again and again.

The cab stops and the chauffer spoke,
"You two use protection all right, sigh I remember those young days." He sighed happily, smiling to his old self.

"Uh, yeah." Luke chuckles nervously. I could feel his awkward, uncomfortable air around him as he handed the chauffer the money. I wanted to laugh so bad at how he took this so awkwardly. It was hilarious.

He took my hand as we got ourselves out from the hood of the car into the open pouring snow. We enter our foots inside and luke, closing the door behind him.

"What the-" I say surprised. Luke's lips were now on mine, he leans me into the door, hovering over me with his right arm.

"I've been waiting for you to say i love you back to me," he speaks into my mouth.

This literally caught me off gaurd.

Omg okay, i am unsteady rn !!