Chapter Ten

I can't believe I took a nap. I even said to myself I'll just probably stare at the ceiling and clear things up in my head.

It was around eleven before we finished getting ready to that hospital. I always hated the aura they carried around hospitals. It's where mostly sad and tragic things happen, especially people losing their loved ones.

The long car ride was pretty silent. Too quiet, hearing the engine itself and the air coming out through the vents of the car. Deciding I should-

"Where do you think we'll burry mom?" I blurted out.

What the hell Alyssa? You're totally going to screw up his mood.

Luke's grip tighten around the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white, his jaw tensed and his ocean blue eyes are now cold. I bit my lip regretting what i have said.

"Why are you taking this so easy?" He shouts causing his veins to appear on his neck. His eyes full of anger as he tried to steady his breathing. Tears started to form my eyes making my vision very blurry.

"Easy?" I half shouted " Luke every since we visited than damned hospital, I already knew." I manage to say as my sobs kept interrupting every word I try to say. My sobbing is uncontrollable, I bring my hands to cover my eyes from the countless tears that were falling my cheeks.

How does he even manage to say those words to me? Is he blaming me for all this? That it's all my fault?

I would've never thought he could throw those words at me, in my face. The longer I try to process this, the more my nose gets clogged up. Luke suddenly pulls out of the road and makes the car stop to a halt. He brings both his huge hands to my cheeks and looks at me. Directly in my eyes. Hid gaze softens as he wipes the tears that I didn't even feel falling, wiping them with his thumb.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have shouted and-" he says softly that came out like a whisper if he wasn't that near to me. Our faces inches apart from each other as he continues to lean in, closing the space that once separates us.

His lips touch my forehead ad he gives it a quick peck.

"I'm sorry." he says again. My breath was now steady after his lips touch my skin.

When we arrived at the hospital, Luke filled all the forms of information they needed in the reception as i wait in the waiting area. I wasn't alone though, well- we're only six so it's really not that crowded. I wince at the memory I last had here, exactly what happened in my dream.

A lady around in her early thirties with dark hair, freckles scatter around her bridged nose entered the room wearing her visibly light pink scrub suit. As she made her way in front of me, she stops her tracks and slowly eyed me up and down. Her eyes widen and i just sit in confusion.

"Are you Beth's daughter?" She says, her english accent so thick and full as she takes the seat beside me.

"Um... Yeah" I say unsure, hearing her say 'Beth's daughter' throws a sting back again making me feel more worse.

"She has told me a lot about you." she pauses briefly "Even though the doctor already told me to refrain her from thinking about near the topic 'family' but I still listened openly to her stories." She says gesticulating every now and then.

Refrain from talking about family?

I don't know if what she told me is supposed to make me happy, sad or both. I nod politely while she continued to tell me about my mom's last days alive.

"Oh and she gave me this letter, well it's two actually," she says sticking her tongue out while she looks for it from her binder. "Here it is," she hands me two plain envelopes. Im actually scared, too afraid to check what mom has written down in those. I grab it from her hands, exposing my eagerness. Luke suddenly appeared and sat beside me on my left.

"Is he your boyfriend?" She smiles brightly at the both of us. Not knowing how to answer her question, God help me how-

"Yes, I'm Robert" he brings his hand out for her to shake. "Francine,"  she returns the smile and shakes his hand.

Why didn't I think of asking her name? I really didn't remember my manners of introducing myself pro- did Luke just say he was my boyfriend? And said he was Robert? He barely liked that name or use it. Before Francine stood up, she leaned in to my ear.

"He's got the looks, honey." She whispers and soon winked as her presences left the room. I shake my head at the fact that it's true.

"Luke, why did you say we were together?" I look at him, nudging his shoulder playfully.

"To avoid any more questions." He says, his hands clasped together as he leans his elbow on his knees. Lurching forward, with what he said something about it put a frown to my face. Silence again deaf our ears, not knowing what or who will say something.

"Um, I'm done signing the forms and papers," he says pointing his thumb to the area where he came. "We could move her out once we're done planning where, when, and all those..." He bites his lips and looks down at his shoes.

"So let's go?" He pops his head back up, standing up.

"Go? Where? Home?" I ask stretching both my arms high.

"Yes, home." The corners of his lips lifting slightly, lightening the mood.

A/N:

Im doing my best to secretly do this on my phone because once my parents find out i write these, im so dead😂 anyways ill be typing the next chapter later. Keep the lovely support aye❤️

All the love, Aly

Vote, share, comment for chapter eleven

(edited by larryfreewifi 😜 )