Chapter 19 | Lecture

Start from the beginning

I huddled into the hoodie that didn't exactly hug my body in the best of ways, the fact it was quite big on me actually made me smile. I mean at least it kept me warm. Many thoughts continued to run throughout my head, most of them mainly being memories of me being with everyone. There was one however, that stood out to me rather clearly.

Alix's Memory

Tonight was the night, the night of my first ever WWE show. Sure I knew my mother and father were part of the business but I myself had never really gotten to watch everyone wrestle considering my mother and father always had tasks for me to do during matches. I was watching a match between CM Punk and Johnny Nitro at Vengeance. I truly was enjoying it until the match had ended where CM Punk had lost to Johnny. I sighed, I felt rather bad for his loss. I made my way to the gorilla position to meet Punk, he seemed amazing and I truly wanted to befriend him.

I scurried along the dark hallways of the backstage area, everything seemed to be rather dim. I finally saw the curtain near the gorilla position and it made me very excited. I froze as soon as I saw CM Punk wander through the curtain, still beaten and bruised from his match. Our eyes met and CM Punk allowed his lips to curl upward into a smile. He slowly but surely walked over to me, staring down at me because of the clear height difference.

"You must be Alix, right?" CM Punk questioned, my face became flushed as I stood in awe. Looking up as he slightly panted, clearly still worn out a little from his match.

"CM Punk? I watched your match and uh.. I .. uh.. think you were great out there." I exclaimed in a happy tone finally recovering from the awkward stuttering moment I had.

"Call me Punk and well, thanks." I nodded with a smile becoming painted across my face however I did raise one eyebrow in slight confusion. Punk had noticed this but I quickly piped up before he could come close to questioning my rather odd facial expression.

"Surely your real name can't be Punk?" I awaited an answer but all I received in return was a chuckle which left me in an even bigger state of confusion. He was laughing? But why. It was a genuine question.

"Just call me Punk, okay kid?" Punk ruffled my hair which left me with crossed arms and a scowl on my face. Soon enough my facial expression changed into a much more joyful one. I nodded rapidly at his response.

"See you around kid. I mean Alix." Punk and myself exchange goodbyes before heading off in our different directions. I headed toward the office where my mother and father were currently located. I slowly opened the door, peeking my head through the small opening I had made then heading inside the office.

"Where have you been Alix?" My mother placed her hands on both of her hips, looking at me in a quizzical manner.

"I was meeting CM Punk, he's actually a really cool guy." My mother's facial expression instantly soured, her smile had automatically turned into a frown as if she were disgusted by my response.

"Stay away from him Alix. He's no good for you." My mother hissed through her teeth, I was slightly taken aback by the response she had given me. Punk seemed good hearted, I never understood why she disapproved of me talking with him.

"Why don't you go find your father. He's lurking around backstage somewhere, i'm sure you'd love to see him." My mother had broken the long awkward silence after he statement about Punk. I still disagreed completely with her opinion of him, but each to their own I guess.

I exited the office without saying a single word, my mother just appeared to be so angry with me over nothing. I thought about questioning her answer, but never did. I didn't want to get on her bad side because quite frankly if I did then i'd probably have to stay in the office all the time and never really get to experience the busyness of backstage.

I shoved my hands into my pockets, allowing a sigh to escape my frail lips, my mothers rules were the worst. She always expected me to live up to her standards and be the perfect little girl. She wanted me to follow in her footsteps, she wanted me to become a successful business woman, but that only bored me. I wanted to do something dynamic, I wanted to wrestle. Punk's match had given me more confidence to drown myself in, I wanted to experience the thrill of standing across from an opponent in that ring, to me wrestling wasn't a job - it was a way of life.

I quietly hummed to myself while taking my mothers advice to look for my father, that's when I spotted it - Punks hoodie was lying on the ground, he obviously must of dropped it. Without further thought or consideration I picked it up, looking around for Punk. I noticed my father was heading this way, this is where my mind began pulling me in two different directions. Should I follow my mothers approach and head over to my father or should I go and find Punk to return his hoodie. After little thought I decided to head off to find Punk, knowing id probably be in deep trouble but I didn't care, Punk was a new friend to me.

I wandered down the long hallways of backstage, looking for the locker room that Punk would be in. Eventually I managed to somehow bump into something - it was Punk. He grinned with amusement as he looked down at me, ruffling my somewhat already messed up hair.

"Back so soon kid?" He chuckled whilst rubbing his chin with his index finger. A smile played across my lips before I took in a deep breath.

"I found your hoodie and thought I'd return it." I muttered, holding out the hoodie directly in front of me, waiting for him to take it.

"Keep it." My head automatically snapped upward to look at him, a look of confusion soon washing over my face.

"I can't keep it.. It's yours.." I mumbled as I brushed a single strand of hair from my face with my hand, my expression becoming rather puzzled.

"You know, I have a question for you Alix." Punk exclaimed, completely disregarding what I had just said, it was as if he was trying to manoeuvre his way around my reply.

"Which is?" I dropped my arms to my side, clutching the hoodie in my right hand.

"Have you ever thought about wrestling?" Kill me, if this didn't seem like a case of deja vu then I have no idea what does.

"I mean.. After your match I did think about it. But my mother would refuse." I leaned against the nearby wall as I ran a single hand through my blonde locks.

"Why not?" Punk then leaned against the wall, staring directly at me. He was clearly interested in my reply.

"Because she wants me to become a business woman not a wrestler, she's told me that in the past. Time and time again. She'd hate me." I hugged as I crossed my arms in front of my chest. My eyes diverting to look at the floor.

"Listen kiddo. I'd rather be hated for something I am rather than be loved for something I'm not. Don't let what Stephanie has said in the past dictate your future. There isn't a person on this planet that should let their past dictate their future dreams." I felt myself shed a tear, I felt it roll down my cheek rapidly. I was crying in front of Punk and there way no way to hide it.

"I'm going to be in that ring one day, I want you as my tag partner one day." We went in for a friendly hug and I instantly knew that the words Punk had spoken were going to be the words that is cherish forever.

end.

I took in a deep breath, drying my tears with the sleeve of the hoodie I had kept all of these years that Punk had given me. That day will always and forever hold a special place in my heart, those words never left my mind. I knew walking out was a mistake.

"I'm sorry" I whispered to myself, clenching my fists together and rushing back into the hotel. My legs were carrying me as fast as they could, I darted up to the room.

Knocking on the door a few moments later, I waited with hope that someone would open it up. After a few minutes of anxiously waiting I finally saw the face that I've seen for many years. Punk had opened the door and I noticed that Brie, Dolph and Daniel were all sitting on the sofas located behind him.

"I'm sorry.." I cried out, tears pouring out from my eyes uncontrollably. I dropped to my knees almost instantly as I watched Punk's facial expression soften through my tear filled eyes.