Chapter 12

Eighteen years

Jungkook pouted even as his hyung kissed him softly on the lips.

“Why are you mad, Kookie-ah?” Taehyung asked, cupping Jungkook’s soft and chubby cheeks. The younger only puffed air into his cheeks and held his breath indicating that he didn’t want to answer.

“I promise I’ll be back before the 30th of December. Then we can celebrate my birthday together, okay?” Taehyung said a little pathetically, trying to please his pissed off boyfriend. Jungkook still didn’t reply and refused to look at him.

Taehyung sighed in defeat. Jungkook was too adorable for words.

“Kookie-ah. Talk to me please. I promise we’ll celebrate my birthday together. I’ll be gone for just four days,”

Jungkook finally looked at the cotton colored haired boy and gave his best puppy dog eyes. “Don’t do that,” Taehyung begged. “It’s not going to work.” But it was definitely making Taehyung’s knees weak.

“Why?” Jungkook asked cutely referring to why Taehyung had to leave right after Christmas.
Taehyung smiled at him.

“Because a very nice man is going to help us, Kookie-ah. And he wants to meet me.” Jungkook went back to pouting. “No!” he yelled.

“Jeon Jungkook,” Taehyung said with a sympathetic smile. “This nice man is going to help you get better.”Jungkook turned a little sad and tugged the edge of Taehyung’s sweater.

“Don’t go, hyung,” he said quietly.
“You know I can’t do that. I’m just so grateful to this person that I’m willing to do anything for him at the moment. Please understand, Kookie-ah. He’s helping you get better. Don’t you want to get better?” Taehyung asked.

Jungkook nodded slowly. “Kookie wants to get better and be with hyung,” he replied.
Taehyung caressed his lover’s smooth face.

“I promise I’ll come back as soon as I can.” Jungkook finally nodded and let go. “Okay.”  Taehyung kissed the edge of Jungkook’s nose.

“I love you, Jeon Jungkook.” The younger turned red and cringed. “Hyuuung!”

Taehyung replayed the talk he had with his uncle the previous day.

“He was the one who volunteered to give his heart, Taehyung. He’s a nice person.” Taehyung had to ask.

“But why did he agree to do this?”
“You can ask him personally, Taehyung-ah. He wants to meet you and Jungkook,” his uncle replied. An overjoyed smile passed his lips. “Okay. Okay. I’ll be there.” And they set the time and place.

Taehyung found out that the donor was a patient in his uncle’s hospital so they agreed through mail to meet in his room.

After exchanging a few e-mails about when and where they would meet, Taehyung asked what his name was.
“Park Jimin.” The text on his screen read.

Taehyung scanned the hospital halls for a room 205. “Two zero five, two zero five,” he repeated so that he wouldn’t forget. And finally, he found it on the third floor.

The nameplate on beside the door was clearly written.
“Patient’s name - Park Jimin
Gender – Male    Age – 18”
Taehyung blinked a couple of times before knocking. He had no idea that the donor was so young.

A man, who was noticeably shorter than Taehyung opened the door and let him in. He had white skin but it didn’t seem unhealthy. The man’s eyes were small and judging from the crinkles beside them, it suggested that he laughed often.