So when his uncle called him up with the results, he knew how to react.

“I sent you the file to your e-mail address, Taehyung. I hope you got it,” his uncle said through the phone. “Yeah, I did,” Taehyung replied and scrolled through the screen.

“I’m sorry,” he heard his uncle say. Taehyung replied that it was okay. “I kind of figured that our compatibility would be less than zero,” he tried to joke to hide the tears forming in his eyes.

However, he was pleased to hear that his uncle would be trying his best to search for a match for Jungkook. “I’ll let you know if I get any news about any donor, Taehyung,” he heard his uncle say. After this, he heard a pause as if his uncle was contemplating whether to add anything more to the sentence.

“Mmmm,” Taehyung quickly said, not wanting to hear anything more. “Thank you.” And he hung up after a “bye” and “See you soon”.

~*~*~*~

Summer soon turned to autumn. But Taehyung and Jungkook never distanced from each other. If at all, the passing seasons only made their kisses last longer if not sweeter. Their adoring gazes on each other became more obvious to everyone else and their “I love you”s only became ever more frequent.

Jungkook hadn’t gone out of his room in two days. A few days back, he caught the cold again. His temperature rose and fell erratically during this time.  So he was confined to the bed for the past two days with Taehyung constantly at his side, pushing away the hair on his sweaty forehead whenever he squirmed in his sleep.

Taehyung would never show it but every time Jungkook wriggled in his sleep, his heart missed several beats in fear that he would be suffering from a heart attack or a panic attack any time soon. But it never happened.

Even so, Taehyung never allowed his heart to rest.

The fever disappeared completely from Jungkook’s system after a week. It made Taehyung’s face look lighter and happier.

“Taetae hyung,” Jugkook called out as Jin placed the sushi plush on top of the pillow. Taehyung placed down the book he was reading and turned to the slightly shorter male. Jungkook was looking out the window, his forehead plastered on the cold glass.

Jungkook turned to the fluffy cotton candy haired male, completely ignoring Jin. “Kookie wants to go o… on… a…” Taehyung lifted his eyebrows in amusement. “On a what?” he asked.

“Kookie wants to go on a date,” his voice almost turned to a whisper at the end, “…with hyung.”

Taehyung swore his heart leapt right out his chest and ran out the room. “What?” he asked astonished and taken aback. Jungkook took heavy breaths to hide his nervousness and repeated the sentence with a pout.

Taehyung turned to Jin to ask if it was alright to take him out. Jin nodded with an approving smile.

“Okay,” Taehyung replied, walking up to Jungkook. “We’ll go on a date. Tomorrow.” He planted a kiss on Jungkook’s forehead. Jungkook smiled happily.

Taehyung decided that the best place for a date would be in the garden under their favorite tree. After all, the place was currently breathtaking and it wasn’t far away in case Jungkook felt tired.

So that night, he prepared a list of things he could do, asked him mom to help him pack lunch in a hamper (yes, he still couldn’t cook) and planned out what to do during the date.