The older noticed that Jungkook was unnervingly pale and his movements were slower than usual but he decided not to mention it because he didn’t want to worry him.

He’ll be fine, he told himself. Dad said it’s just a cold, so he’ll grow better.

“Hyung,” he heard Jungkook call. Taehyung turned and saw that Jungkook had already spoiled the flower by sitting on it. He sighed.

“Why don’t you learn how to make one?” Taehyung said, his loving gaze resting on the younger boy’s flawless face.

“That way you can entertain yourself if you’re bored.” Jungkook looked confused at first but slowly he nodded his head.

Making Jungkook sit in front of him, Taehyung took out a piece of blue paper and handed it to Jungkook. Taking a yellow colored one himself, he set it down in front of Jungkook.

“Start with something simple,” he said and began folding the creases of a paper plane.

Jungkook concentrated with all his heart and tried to copy exactly what Taehyung was doing. But he couldn’t manage it.
The second attempt was another bust. While trying to fold the paper, Jungkook had torn one corner so he had to start anew. The third one was another failure because Jungkook had cut his delicate fingers on the paper.
Jungkook did nothing but stare at the blood that began to drip down from his index finger.

“How is it goi…,” Taehyung was about to ask when he saw the drops of blood on the green paper. Quickly grabbing his hand, Taehyung sucked away the blood since he didn’t have a tissue with him.

Taehyung thought that there was nothing wrong at trying to lick clean an injury. But it did something grave to Jungkook’s weak heart.

The injured boy’s breath hitched as soon as Taehyung’s pink lips touched his finger. He felt something starting to beat rapidly in his chest and it was getting harder for him to breathe. He also felt himself getting hot all of a sudden until he felt his face become warmer than usual. And he also noticed that he couldn’t keep his eyes away from Taehyung’s face. What was happening?

Growing scared and unable to understand what was going on, he called out,

“Taetae hyung.”
Taehyung’s dark but shining eyes turned to the confused looking boy. He noticed that the boy’s face was deepening in color. Widening his eyes in alarm, he immediately reached for his forehead. “Are you okay? Do you have a fever?”

Jungkook felt his hyung’s cold yet soft hands on his forehead.

He let out a shaky breath as he looked into Taehyung’s eyes. The only word running through his mind was ‘sparkly’.

The older removed his hand. “You seem to have…” he stopped mid sentence because he noticed Jungkook’s unblinking gaze at him.

Time seemed to stop for Taehyung the moment he looked into those sparkly golden brown orbs. What was he saying again?

“Hyung, it hurts,” Jungkook suddenly said making Taehyung snap out of his daze.

He quickly reposed himself and asked, “What hurts, Kookie-ah?” His arms reached for the dongsaeng but Jungkook pulled back in fear of feeling breathless again.

“Do… don’t kn..know,” Jungkook stuttered out. He honestly didn’t have a clue what hurt but he knew something was hurting. But it sent a warm and tingly chill through his spine; and Jungkook wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not.